• 76 replies
    • 6.3k views
    • 70 replies
    • 7.2k views
    • 114 replies
    • 10k views
    • 97 replies
    • 11.8k views
    • This series took Soto from someone I didn't know much about other than stats on a page to most hated Yankee.  Soto is genuinely a gigantic a hole.  I have to say despite his great batting ability, I don't really want him on the O's.  There's no way the O's/Elias would spend the $500 million or so it would take anyway.  Is Soto really well liked by the players he has played with?  He just seems like one of those, it's all about me players.
    • My fondest Markakis memory was back in 2008. I was an intern at the Baltimore Sun and shadowed Peter Shmuck to a game. Got to sit in the dugout before the game, chatted with Adam Jones, and even briefly met Mike Mussina. Great experience.  During the game itself, I was in the press box. Nick threw out Bobby Abreu at home at one point. Obviously, being with the Sun, I knew I couldn't cheer, but I instinctively fist pumped underneath the table and jammed my index finger on the table's underside. Still vividly remember that. I think Nick also went 4-4 or something like that with a couple doubles. It was a hard game to watch silently. 
    • Tonight's game is in a rain delay.
    • No one would be DFA except McKenna.  Urias and Mateo were both bench players when Plan A was Holliday.  Same difference.  Hays and Mayo added.  McKenna DFA and probably unclaimed again and Kjerstad optioned.
    • The O's pitching can go toe to toe with the Yankees.  The O's need help in the bullpen.  Hyde needs to manage the bullpen better.  The Yankees will be the O's main competition for the division unless injuries take them out.