Nick Carfado

weams

Andrew Miller, LHP, free agent — As expected, Miller is getting a lot of interest, mostly from the teams that tried to obtain him at the trade deadline. Boston is certainly there. Teams will consider him as a closer as the numbers could get to four years and $32 million.

Eight a year.

I doubt anyone reasonable expected the WS to trade Sale. Like Stanton, he's the hot name, but is unlikely to be worth the price.

I would maybe do 3/24 for Miller. Probably not enough though.

It appears certain that Sale is not available at any price. To anyone.

I wonder how much room to add payroll the Tigers really have?

Thats a good question. With their owner you never know. I'm curious to see if they bring Scherzer back, or go cheaper on a guy like Shields or Santana. Then spend elsewhere. I have heard the White Sox really want Victor Cabrera, so they could let him walk and go for Butler or a cheaper DH option. Will be interesting to see what route they go in.

I would think that if money wasn't a problem they wouldn't have traded Fister.

See, I thought Fister was not really about the money. I thought that they had improperly evaluated, Smyly, Porcello and Fister. Plus I think they thought Fister was a shoulder injury waiting. Plus they wanted Robbie Ray. Who was more highly thought of than EROD at the time.

Considering what we paid for some garbage like Jimenez, I would think giving Miller 4/44 would be a steal in the sense we would have a totally lock down bullpen after 5 innings. We need to think long and hard about letting this guy get away..:cool:

I assume you did not know that we do not call any players that here. Please go back and re-read the TOS. No infraction or warning, just friendly advice.

Considering what we paid for some garbage like Jimenez, I would think giving Miller 4/44 would be a steal in the sense we would have a totally lock down bullpen after 5 innings. We need to think long and hard about letting this guy get away..:cool:

You are assuming that we would get four years of that kind of production and that we have an extra 10 million a year we could add to the 124 million dollar payroll.

Not sure but I tend to agree with Weams. I think they just decided to give Smyly a spot. 1) Verlander 2) Scherzer 3) Sanchez 4) Porcello 5) Smyly

made plenty of sense. They replaced Fister with the low salaried Smyly who they replaced with the high salaried Price.

Plus I think they figured they could get similar production so they wanted to get a LH in the rotation. Then as you said, went out and traded the cheaper salary for an expensive Price.

Archived