Will Brooks keep his 40 man roster spot over the winter?

wildcard

When a GM acquires a pitcher  who he sees potential in and he start off not having much success.  Than  the coaches and manager work with the guy's mechanical, pitches and pitch sequencing  and he starts to have success.  That pitcher becomes someone all of management want to see how far he can advance.   That is where I think the O's are with Brooks.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

When a GM acquires a pitcher  who he sees potential in and he start off not having much success.  Than  the coaches and manager work with the guy's mechanical, pitches and pitch sequencing  and he starts to have success.  That pitcher becomes someone all of management want to see how far he can advance.   That is where I think the O's are with Brooks.

Although I don't have high hopes for Brooks, I tend to agree with this. He has been much better lately. Started out on/off in April with two QS, one decent start and three bad starts. Threw four solid innings in May as a starter, then went to the bullpen where he was mostly good. Came back to the rotation at the end of July and was pretty bad for five starts, but has allowed more than three runs only once in the last six starts to end the season. I think the Orioles staff will be encouraged by his finish and keep him around going into next season because... what reason is there not to especially if we're only going to be making minor league acquisitions over the winter.