• Popular Contributors

• Grichuk really bounced back last year. He would be great as RH OF/DH to play against LHP. Really need to find a bat like that because we’re so lefty dominant. Losing Santander will only add to that. 
    • I think that was very true for a lot of years. Too many, really. But I feel like things might have changed this year with the fanbase, as I think the last three and a half months really ripped the shine off of just about everyone and everything associated with the Orioles. I think the attendance at these playoff games and the intensity of the crowd (just based on what I saw on TV and comparing it to 2012 and 2014) reflected how fans felt about the product this year. Even the tone of this board feels different, and I am glad to see it. I don't think people are celebrating regular season win totals like they did in the past, or thinking not being swept in the regular season was ever cool when they got ousted in 3 by Texas when it counted, or having blind faith in Elias. If anything, I think the patience with Elias, Hyde, the coaches, and the players has finally run thin. Hopefully there are no more age excuses for Holliday when we have seen what the other young Jacksons in the majors look like, or Adley when we have seen what a much older and bigger Sal Perez is capable of, or any of our hitters who all came up so small in big moments. And after seeing how active Kansas City was last offseason even on the heels of a 106 loss team, there should be absolutely no excuses centered on small market or budgets. There will be injuries in 2025 like there are every year, but the players who are on the field and healthy need to step up.
    • Gotcha.    At times they do things that bother me. In 2014 they created different season plans pushing playoff tickets then they abandoned them. The moment they win some they act like they have been perennial champs.    They are running a business, I understand that. I get trying to leverage success on the field but they misjudge the market and get greedy. The WC prices were too high. The bottom line is they have not had enough consistent success in this market to act the way they do. This isn’t the early 90’s with no Ravens and Nationals. 
    • I disliked it for aesthetic reasons. Still do.
    • I guess I'm just not as in tune with the subtext emanating from an individual I've never actually met as you are. I'm also not as good at analyzing a player's body language as the experts in the game threads.