SP or RF?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SP. I feel we have a very good offensive team as it stands and I have no problem having one position being cobbled together with marginal major leaguers (Reimold), prospects (Alvarez), 4A guys (Rickard, Hoes), at least as long as the defense doesn't suffer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hard to say in a vacuum. If we're talking about pure run production/prevention, I'd think that Cespedes would be a better value (both on the production side with the bat and prevention with his RF defense) than any middle-of-the-pack SP that's still out there.

I think Cespedes is a perfect fit for this lineup and ballpark, but whether he's a fit in the clubhouse is a bigger question. I think we have a veteran manager and ball club, and that could potentially go a long way towards showing this guy how to be a pro.

Hard to say in a vacuum. If we're talking about pure run production/prevention, I'd think that Cespedes would be a better value (both on the production side with the bat and prevention with his RF defense) than any middle-of-the-pack SP that's still out there.

I think Cespedes is a perfect fit for this lineup and ballpark, but whether he's a fit in the clubhouse is a bigger question. I think we have a veteran manager and ball club, and that could potentially go a long way towards showing this guy how to be a pro.

I have a hard time believing the Orioles are still serious contenders of Cespedes regardless of what rumors are out there.

At the right price on a short term deal....yea maybe. Then again under those conditions there are a lot of teams who play ball. It's not impossible but I would bet a lot of money Cespedes is playing his ball somewhere other than Baltimore now that Davis is resigned.

Depends on the player.

Latos > Jackson

Upton > Latos

This is the right approach. Now if I am the Orioles and DD, I sit back a bit, see how things shake out and be ready to pounce on the best bang for the buck be it a position player or pitcher.

From here on out, getting maximum production for the money we have left is the teams best chance to succeed.

This one is easy. Just think Vance Worley and Kevin Gausman are the #3 and 4 SP in the rotation.

I don't mind Gausman at all, I'm actually thinking he could have a breakout year. The fact that Worley can make starts for us makes me cringe.

We definitely need SP help, I fear that who we end up with will be terrible.

If we can only get one' date=' which is more important?[/quote']

We need to address both.

The problem with having a merry-go-round of mediocrity in RF is that we may be doing the same thing in LF. No guarantee that Kim is going to be able to be a productive everyday LF.

I don't mind Gausman at all, I'm actually thinking he could have a breakout year. The fact that Worley can make starts for us makes me cringe.

We definitely need SP help, I fear that who we end up with will be terrible.

I agree. I'm excited at Gausman finally being a fixture in the rotation. I'm with you, it's Worley that makes me sick to think about. I like Latos, but if he's looking for a 1 year deal to re-establish his value, it won't be pitching in Baltimore. It will be out west somewhere. I'm not thrilled with names like Doug Fister or Kyle Loshe. I really don't know how they plan to improve the SP. The FA left won't make an impact and who's left to trade for. I do like Alex Wood from LA. But other than Britton, who would they want from our BP?

Expect Worley to make some starts, just because it's very rare that all five opening day starters last the entire season. We'll probably see a start or two from Tyler Wilson too.

Archived