Showalter has a surprise for the team

ChaosLex

[quote=TonySoprano;2372449

ETA source - ESPN

source - The Sun

I liek how the announcers say how childish and uncalled for it was for Benitez to hit Tino....yet later on they say "you can bet there will be some redemption, just not tonight as it would be too soon". Also when they say it's known that the MFY have said "you don't hit Tino"....so it's OK for them to retaliate......yet they act liek they are so above all of it.

Screw the MFY.

Here's to hoping we can start beating their donkey's on the field.

Somehow I keep picturing Arrietta in the middle of a brawl with the MFY or Bahstan Red Sux.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had a dollar for everytime I wish the O's would have shown some fight over the last couple of seasons I'd be on my way to rich.

I'm not saying we should brawl, but it's obviously true that we need to be more in your face, particularly when pitching. That doesn't mean head hunting. It does mean asserting that we will throw inside early and often. I don't want the other team to be comfortable. I don't want them laughing and joking like they're on the beach when they play the O's. This is supposed to be competition. We need to compete and that's about a lot more than fancy looking curve balls.

I think that,

He is not wanting them to brawl, unless they are provoked.

But he does want them to fight. There is a huge differance.

He is trying to instill a fighting spirit in the team. FIGHT,FIGHT,FIGHT.

He wants them to realize they are the Baltimore Orioles. If they play as a team and fight for every pitch,every catch and every hit that the team will win. He wants them to realize that if they win The Fans of Baltimore will show up and support them. He is going to get them to buy in and shoulder the responsibility for the team. He wants them to realize everything that is right in front of them, and all they have to do is grab it.

OWN IT.

FIGHT FOR IT

JeffZ on MLB radio carrying on about what an impact of last evening on the club. Also the reaction of the pitchers taking infield practice at various postions to get an understanding of the positional responsibilities.
Z. said Derrek Lee was quoted as saying "I'm pumped I'm ready to take on Tyson", after Buck's little movie.

I'm glad if Buck showed them some Oriole brawls. It's easy to find footage of Oriole players paid to wear black and orange, but a brawl isn't in the contract. That's a man representing his team with some fire and passion. Baseball isn't pink tea and mollycoddles can stay out!

Well then, you have read my sig!

Per the Sun:

It included highlights from the individual players, clips from the team's World Series victories, and footage from a couple of the infamous brawls in team history, including the night at Yankee Stadium when Alan Mills slugged Darryl Strawberry.

Alan Mills, fist clenched and arm cocked, unleashed the fury onto the face of Darryl Strawberry. Darryl didn't get slugged, he got starched. Thomas Hearns called Mills after that game, and told him that, my man, was a right cross. Mills didn't just punch a Yankee, he put some stank on it, and for that, he'll always be one of my favorites.

Oh, I don't know if Hearns called Mills, but I'm damn sure he'd approve of the way that cross was thrown.

Archived