ESPN Radio discusses Pujols to O's in Free Agency

KSDonDada01

If he doesn't sign in St Louis, I think the most realistic place for him to go is DC.

If we can't get him, which we can't, I'd love for him to go to DC. I could watch him play on MASN when the Birds aren't on and he would still be out of the AL. I am starting a campaign now for Albert to DC!!!!:clap3:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we can't get him, which we can't, I'd love for him to go to DC. I could watch him play on MASN when the Birds aren't on and he would still be out of the AL. I am starting a campaign now for Albert to DC!!!!:clap3:

Yeah I'd love for DC to snag Pujols. Anything to keep him out of the AL East.

They already gave Werth a contract that was roughly double the amount of the largest contract ever given out by the Orioles.

Yeah I know but I don't think anyone would consider Werth to be a top-flight, stud player.

I'm more thinking along the lines of a top-10/15 player in the game signing with the Nationals. O's fans and all the promises of MASN $$ and everything would probably be mighty upset if the Nats got someone great while the O's kept coming in, in the lower-end of offers to big time free agents.

I guess my feeling on Pujols right now is...a year ago, I would have said zero chance. Right now, I think it's unlikely, but it's not impossible.

If 5/150M was enough, he'd be signed by now. That is way low.

According to ESPN, the Cards offered 8/200 and Pujols rejected it.

Hi guys, this is my first post on here. Anyway, I wouldn't want Albert Pujols for 10 years/$300 million if that's what it would take to get him. First of all, there have been questions about his true age. In 2002 Baseball Prospectus claimed he is at least three years older "according to some estimates." As we're now exiting the "steroid era" (hopefully), players probably won't be as dominate late in their careers. If we can land him on a deal in the ballpark of 5-6 years/$135-$165 million then I'd be interested. Plus, if we extend MacPhail then I think our chances of signing him our slimmer than they already are but you never know. It's nice to dream though.
Why would he take that if the Cards have offered more. The Cubs and Texas will offer more.

I think he'll be a Cub or a Yankee.

The Nats will probably go after Fielder.

I am going with Cardinal or Angel.

What are the Nats going to do with Laroche if they go after Pujols or Fielder? They gave him two years guaranteed with a team option. Are they just going to cut him and eat $9M (next year's contract and 2013 buyout)? He has never played anything other than 1B.

I agree. Pujols probably wouldn't take that. That's what I personally think he's worth. I think 10 years/$300 million would probably hurt us long term so I'm not interested in a deal like that. Having a $30 million per year player on your team isn't a requirement to be competitive so I'd pass on Pujols because he's probably asking for that much.
I think he is worth 7/210. The last 5 years he has averaged $35 MM in production per year. I think you can count on 30 MM average for 5 of those 7 years.

You're right, if you're thinking like Theo. John Henry is a huge Pujols fan..I can absolutely see the Sox taking a run at Albert, even after what they gave up to get AGon.

AGon is a gold glover. He's not moving off of 1b. Pujols is quite possibly one of the 5 best players of all time. He's not moving to DH. These guys are in their prime, have huge (justifiably so) amounts of pride in their game. I can't imagine any team paying 10 / 250 or so to a DH.

AGon is a gold glover. He's not moving off of 1b. Pujols is quite possibly one of the 5 best players of all time. He's not moving to DH. These guys are in their prime, have huge (justifiably so) amounts of pride in their game. I can't imagine any team paying 10 / 250 or so to a DH.

Just curious, have the RS signed Gonzalez to an extension yet? Whats the odds they take a chance and wait it out on AGon and chance losing out on both to go after Pujols? I personally can see ujols winding up in 1 of 3 places, Cubs, Angels, or Mets. I know Albert is a classy player and won't come out and say it, but I think his ego may not allow him to go back to St. Louis. Well, unless the money is what he wants, but I don't see St. Louis getting a hometown discount at this point that is.

Just curious, have the RS signed Gonzalez to an extension yet? Whats the odds they take a chance and wait it out on AGon and chance losing out on both to go after Pujols? I personally can see ujols winding up in 1 of 3 places, Cubs, Angels, or Mets. I know Albert is a classy player and won't come out and say it, but I think his ego may not allow him to go back to St. Louis. Well, unless the money is what he wants, but I don't see St. Louis getting a hometown discount at this point that is.

The Mets aren't going near a contract like that under their present ownership. That franchise is a mess, and I doubt that it gets squared away in time to make a run at Pujols.

Archived