Mets' Liabilities at $625 million

Jagwar

Its interesting how many people are already jumping to "Well, Selig took over the Dodgers but he's letting the Mets be, and there's something wrong with that." There's a parallel there, but the situations are very different, especially when it comes to how each side is trying to fix their financial problems.

Its interesting how many people are already jumping to "Well, Selig took over the Dodgers but he's letting the Mets be, and there's something wrong with that." There's a parallel there, but the situations are very different, especially when it comes to how each side is trying to fix their financial problems.

Yeah, the Mets seem to be trying to dig out of this. They're willing to sell a large stake in the team. McCourt doesn't want to do anything like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• This lineup is pretty upsetting. I got tickets for the last game of the season expecting/hoping to see Adley and Gunnar and the rest of the “A” lineup. Can’t make the first game today and that hope looks to be screwed by the double header.
    • Gametime:  12:35 pm Forecast:  59 degrees, cloudy, I can see clearly now the rain has gone Roster Move:  Nick Vespi recalled from Norfolk to be the 29th player for the doubleheader Matchup:  Trevor Richards (R) vs Mike Baumann (R) Lineups 1. Whit Merrifield (R) 2B 2. Raimel Tapia (L) LF 3. Vladimir Guerrero (R) 1B 4. Danny Jansen (R) DH 5. Cavan Biggio (L) 3B 6. Gabriel Moreno (R) C 7. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) RF 8. Otto Lopez (R) SS 9. Bradley Zimmer (L) CF   1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF 2. Adley Rutschman (S) C 3. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B 4. Anthony Santander (S) DH 5. Gunnar Henderson (L) 3B 6. Austin Hays (R) RF 7. Terrin Vavra (L) 2B 8. Ryan McKenna (R) LF 9. Jorge Mateo (R) SS Orioles Bench Jesus Aguilar (R) Robinson Chirinos (R) Tyler Nevin (R) Rougned Odor (L) Kyle Stowers (L)   Bullpen Availability Available Bryan Baker  2.0 IP, 23p Monday Logan Gillaspie 1.0 IP, 10p  Monday DL Hall (L)  1.0 IP, 15p Friday Cionel Perez (L)  1.0 IP, 18p last Tuesday September 26 Beau Sulser  3.1 IP, 52p Wednesday, September 21 (13 days ago) Dillon Tate  1.0 IP, 15p Monday Nick Vespi (L) 1.0 IP, 22p last Wednesday, September 28 Probably Available Keegan Akin (L) 1.0 IP, 15p Monday Yennier Cano 0.2 IP, 26p Monday Maybe Available Austin Voth  5.0 IP, 77p Saturday   Done for season:  Dean Kremer, Kyle Bradish, Jordan Lyles Starting game 2 of doubleheader:  Sammy Watkins
    • That pitch has as much credibility as Strahan's "sack" on Farve.
    • I know some of called Joey Ortiz your new pet, but this time, you are picking the right guy. lol  The more I watched Joey Ortiz this year the more he impressed me in all aspect of his game. He's going to be a good one and while he's got everyday player written all over him, his floor is pretty high as a outstanding utility guy.
    • He's the most insufferable one of them all.  
    • My take on that comment is that he will get an opportunity to compete for a starting rotation spot next spring. If he's fully healthy, I believe he will be in the rotation to start the year.   
    • But at least we will never have reason to hear from Maris' son again.
  • Popular Contributors