Eduardo Rodriguez

Slade-OH

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eduardo Rodriguez had another excellent start today:

5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 B, 6 K

His ERA stands at an even 1.00 with a 31/9 K/BB ratio in 27 IP.

I'm a little bummed that his schedule changed from 5 days of rest to 4, as it means I won't see him on Monday or Wednesday when the GCL O's are at home. I might make one of the two hour drives if I can be assured he'll start.

5IP, 2H, 1BB, 3K - ERA down to 0.84

Nice...

You left out the 1 R, 0 ER part! The guy has made 6 starts, gone 5 IP in five of them, and allowed earned runs in only two games. He also had one 3-inning shutout relief stint.

Maybe more impressive than the 0.84 ERA is the fact that he's given up 15 hits in 32 IP.

I assume they are limiting him to 5 IP per start.

Eduardo sat 88-90 today, touching 92. Flashed plus breaking ball, though the one at the beginning of this video was not one of his better ones. Good arm angle with deceptive delivery.

Here's a brief sequence for those who haven't seen him yet.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YIc2QNUNmUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eduardo sat 88-90 today, touching 92. Flashed plus breaking ball, though the one at the beginning of this video was not one of his better ones. Good arm angle with deceptive delivery.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YIc2QNUNmUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing him. I like the nice, smooth delivery.

Thanks for posting that. 3 pitches in 36 seconds. He seems to work fast.

Thanks for the video. Not much drive in that lower half and his timing is a bit inconsistent. Also throwing a bit across his body. Have to like the velo and lefty arm.

Slider or curve? He was really underneath that first pitch, but it seems like that slot would work for both breaker types.

Thanks for the video. Not much drive in that lower half and his timing is a bit inconsistent. Also throwing a bit across his body. Have to like the velo and lefty arm.

Slider or curve? He was really underneath that first pitch, but it seems like that slot would work for both breaker types.

Honestly I was having trouble distinguishing. I've read about his curve, but his breaking ball seemed really slurvy. I overheard a coach and player next to me discussing his slider. I think he was experimenting with both.

Really bizarre line for Rodriguez today -- 4.2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K's. Won't hurt his ERA much, but 7 hits and 6 runs, ouch. The defense made five errors, four while he was in the game and another that allowed a runner he left behind to score. The one earned run came on the first two batters of the game -- leadoff triple and a sac fly.

Really bizarre line for Rodriguez today -- 4.2 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K's. Won't hurt his ERA much, but 7 hits and 6 runs, ouch. The defense made five errors, four while he was in the game and another that allowed a runner he left behind to score. The one earned run came on the first two batters of the game -- leadoff triple and a sac fly.

This is an extension of the warning not to put too much stock into GCL stats. The defense on that squad is atrocious.

Archived