Johnson is untouchable? O's refused to talk trade with several teams

TGO

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sportsguy,

I have a question.Why not be secretive what is to be gained by being more open about it. I am serious as I do respect your opinion why do you hold this opinion?

I don't expect AM to come out and tell us what he is going to do...But his normal talk is old.

Whatever, I care more about his actions than his words and his actions blow...He is terrible.

If this report is accurate, then I believe that the lessons from Johnson's past are being ignored. He is not a starter. He is a very good reliever. This seems obvious.

And, he hasn't even always been a very good reliever either. Morons.

And people on here can't do their job? LOL...BULLSPIT!!!!!

What I don't get is, if they aren't showcasing him for the deadline, what's stopping them from letting him start a few games this year? He's on pace for about 100 innings this year as it is. Hell, make him a 3-4 inning starter. Our starters are only giving us 5.4 innings a game and it's certainly been lower the last month or so.

At least bring him in for 3 or so innings when the starter gets bombed out, like Earl did with Tippy Martinez at least a few times.

What I don't get is, if they aren't showcasing him for the deadline, what's stopping them from letting him start a few games this year? He's on pace for about 100 innings this year as it is. Hell, make him a 3-4 inning starter. Our starters are only giving us 5.4 innings a game and it's certainly been lower the last month or so.

At least bring him in for 3 or so innings when the starter gets bombed out, like Earl did with Tippy Martinez at least a few times.

Yea really...You could start extending him out now and he will be able to go deeper into games by late August.

Whatever, he will fail, get hurt and the team will say they got unlucky. :rolleyes:

Yea really...You could start extending him out now and he will be able to go deeper into games by late August.

Whatever, he will fail, get hurt and the team will say they got unlucky. :rolleyes:

But MacPhail prefers to trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late.

:laughlol: :bs:

If this report is accurate, then I believe that the lessons from Johnson's past are being ignored. He is not a starter. He is a very good reliever. This seems obvious.

I don't necessarily agree with this, only because Johnson has developed an effective changeup over the past 3 years. He's a legitimate 3 pitch guy.

It remains to be seen whether his arm can sustain 100 pitches or not and what it'll do to his velocity. But I think he's got the stuff.

I don't necessarily agree with this, only because Johnson has developed an effective changeup over the past 3 years. He's a legitimate 3 pitch guy.

It remains to be seen whether his arm can sustain 100 pitches or not and what it'll do to his velocity. But I think he's got the stuff.

Hank,

Why do you move a guy like Johnson out of a position where he is one of the better pitchers in the league in order to have him start next year? Next year will offer another year for some of our arms to get things together. It will also offer us some time to sign a free agent arm or two if need be. The Orioles keep making these stupid gambles. People do not want to trade Hardy because he would leave a hole, but the Orioles think it is a better idea to make a hole to possibly, but not likely fill another? It is getting more and more difficult to follow and understand this team.

If Johnson can go more than 5 innings per start he would have alot of value to the rotation. But I have doubts he can do it.

Here's a question. Isn't this a clear signal that Baltimore doesn't realistically think they will be competing next year either? I mean, Johnson has been with this org for some time now. Shouldn't this "see what we have" starter audition have happened this year? I just don't get it. I have a fear that Baltimore will be entering the off-season with the same holes as last year, and will be using 2012 to again "see what we have" with the young arms. That time has come and gone, right? Either you believe in the core you've built and you run with it, or you start making some strategic large moves and see if you can put together a core you DO believe in.

Archived