Rasmus

paulcoates

Great move by you guys. AA continues to shine. Congrats to you guys on having a team that has a clue as to what they are doing.
Ditto this. Wish we had ownership/management that would commit to making moves like this.

Sorry if I sounded like I was gloating, I was just stoked that we have a potential 5-tool player guarding center field. In his prime, Vernon Wells was a warrior and I hope Rasmus can continue to portray the footsteps of Wells.

Is Steward a scrap piece though?

Stotle said his O's comp would be Arrieta.

With Stewart, he wasn't going to amount to anything special with the Blue Jays. There are just too many players ahead of him on our depth chart like Drabek, Romero, Morrow, Cecil and Vilaneuva. Frankly, he has been very disappointing in my own opinion as I though he had a good chance to make our roster out of spring training and compete as our #5 guy. But he hasn't improved enough and to make matters worse is that he was the center piece in the Scott Rolen trade; who went on to provide gold glove caliber defense on a position the Jays are haunted at, 3B.

It was very tough to see Jason Frasor go, he was our all time appearance leader and put so much time, blood, sweat and tears for our franchise. He was often targeted as the goat of our fanbase because he didn't having closer pedigree and blew some saves at the start of 2010 season. But I miss Laura Frasor too, we went to the same middle school in Burlington, Ontario. And it seems both sides have moved on, Frasor will likely re-sign with the White Sox.

frasor-3.jpg

KO9wKnDL.jpg

Jason will be the most unappreciated Jays player of all time and was honestly one of the nicest people I've met.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And now, according to mlbtraderumors, the Cards are prioritizing SS. Could have potentially dealt Guthrie, Hardy and perhaps JJ or Koji and wound up with Rasmus, Shelby Miller and more.

Sorry, pipe dream, no way they'd deal both Rasmus and Miller. I don't think they'd deal Miller no matter what. They will go mid-level SS.

Archived