No Surprise! Roberts likely done for season

Crazysilver03

http://twitter.com/#!/jeffzrebiecsun/status/96321005756227584

Brian roberts was still having migraines as of last night. His return this season is still very much in question

Posting this for the few that had that slim hope he would return this season.

At this point it should be a wonder if he can ever get his career back on track.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't counting on him playing this year, so in that sense it's not a big deal. The bigger concern now is next year and beyond. It's a big blow for the O's.

You also have to feel for Roberts. The guy has been a great professional and as a result of his hustle he has to deal with this on a daily basis. It truly is unfortunate.

I wasn't counting on him playing this year, so in that sense it's not a big deal. The bigger concern now is next year and beyond. It's a big blow for the O's.

You also have to feel for Roberts. The guy has been a great professional and as a result of his hustle he has to deal with this on a daily basis. It truly is unfortunate.

It has more to do with the fact that he himself in the head with his own bat than it does with his hustle.

There's going to be a lot of disappointed Robert's fans, including me. You're right however, not surprising news.

I know this problem was self inflicted on at least two occasions, but you still have to feel bad for him. This is his career we're talking about. I still hope it's not going to end prematurely.

I'm a little less sympathetic. He hit himself in the head with a bat while throwing one of his little temper tantrums after striking out. It definitely sucks for him - and us - but this belongs in the category of falling asleep in the tanning bed.

In my mind, this sequence of events is the perfect analogy for Orioles baseball.

It will be interesting to see how the team deals with the 2B position next season. Roberts is no longer a reliable player due to his health issues. Is the team going to look for a better solution?

look for a well organized trade within days he said with a mad laugh welling up in his throat.

Archived