No Surprise! Roberts likely done for season

Crazysilver03

Roberts is notorious for not playing hard when the season is getting away. That said I doubt he is faking anything now because the Orioles suck.

One possible outcome that might be good. That Roberts and his back might have had a good chance to heal up totally for the huge long time he has had off. If his head can recover totally he might be able to come back and have a season or two at a high enough level. Seems unlikely but it could happen.

I had a concussion that gave me vertigo off and on for about a year. It finally went mostly away except for a rare event. After three years it was gone totally.

So there is hope for Roberts.

But it's not the concussion that's keeping him away. It's the migrane headaches which Buck keeps pointing out are unrelated for some reason.

I wonder if Buck is questioning the extent of Roberts injuries at this point...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it's not the concussion that's keeping him away. It's the migrane headaches which Buck keeps pointing out are unrelated for some reason.

I wonder if Buck is questioning the extent of Roberts injuries at this point...

I have never really heard of a player exaggerating injury for this length of time. Sure it happens. But this long?

The normal reaction of a player this disenchanted with their team is to pout, demand a trade and make the clubhouse miserable until the team moves them.

Also if Roberts has any dreams of playing after his present contract this action would destroy any value. It also destroys the trade value.

No I think Roberts is having real issues.

I have never really heard of a player exaggerating injury for this length of time. Sure it happens. But this long?

The normal reaction of a player this disenchanted with their team is to pout, demand a trade and make the clubhouse miserable until the team moves them.

Also if Roberts has any dreams of playing after his present contract this action would destroy any value. It also destroys the trade value.

No I think Roberts is having real issues.

Remember his back injury - it was supposed to keep him out originally a month, then that was two months, then three months. And Buck comes into the picture and Roberts is magically cured with no lasting effects.

It's just really suspcious IMO. These injuries suddenly reduce his playing time significantly right when his extension kicks in and the Orioles are losing.

Remember his back injury - it was supposed to keep him out originally a month, then that was two months, then three months...

It's just really suspcious IMO. These injuries suddenly reduce his playing time significantly right when his extension kicks in.

Didn't Justin Morneau have a similar injury last year? And didn't the same sort of thing play out? If I remember correctly they kept pushing his return back farther and farther until he was out for the whole season.

Didn't Justin Morneau have a similar injury last year? And didn't the same sort of thing play out? If I remember correctly they kept pushing his return back farther and farther until he was out for the whole season.

And not only that, the Twins were actually winning! in fact they made the playoffs.

Conclusion:

Justin Morneau: allergic to winning

Roberts' migranes are unrelated to his concussion according to Buck.

Well, I guess I just don't buy that. Obviously there's no way for me to prove Buck wrong but I find it unbelievable his recurring migraines have absolutely nothing to do with the concussion issues he's had. Either way, Brian is probably a non-factor from here on out.

Does Buck have an MD?

It comes down to two things, which do you think is more likely:

A) B-Rob is faking migraines on a regular basis

B) B-Rob is having migraines on a regular basis and the cause is not completely known.

I know which one i think is more likely. And whatever Buck says, that fact that he was regularly seeing a doctor a month ago or so for a CONCUSSION.........seems more relevant to these migraines than whatever the Orioles W-L record is.

Remember his back injury - it was supposed to keep him out originally a month, then that was two months, then three months. And Buck comes into the picture and Roberts is magically cured with no lasting effects.

It's just really suspcious IMO. These injuries suddenly reduce his playing time significantly right when his extension kicks in and the Orioles are losing.

The Orioles have been losers his entire career! Just sayin'.

Go Ahead..HATE ME!!

I dont not care:(

I decide who I love:)

I am a faithful fan.....to the end

BELIEVE

Cindy, as your friend, I am asking that you stop neg repping people for just giving their opinion about BRob. We ALL love him. But he has become a very frustrating case over the past two years.

The Orioles have been losers his entire career! Just sayin'.

True but his future wasn't secure until his extension kicked in and to get that extension he had to play hard and through injuries. Remember how quick he came back from almost getting his arm ripped off?

Now he doesn't have to play a game again with these losers and he can get $20 million more after this season.

True but his future wasn't secure until his extension kicked in and to get that extension he had to play hard and through injuries. Remember how quick he came back from almost getting his arm ripped off?

Now he doesn't have to play a game again with these losers and he can get $20 million more after this season.

Stop changin what you said. You said he didn't want to come back when the Orioles are losing. If that's one of the two criteria you state as being what motivates him, he could have easily gotten a similar contract on a team that hadn't lost throughout his entire career.

So are you saying if he was playing for the Cardinals right now, he would be back on the field?

Stop changin what you said. You said he didn't want to come back when the Orioles are losing. If that's one of the two criteria you state as being what motivates him, he could have easily gotten a similar contract on a team that hadn't lost throughout his entire career.

So are you saying if he was playing for the Cardinals right now, he would be back on the field?

Wouldn't surprise me. Chone Figgins would be a good comparison for Roberts on the FA market BTW and he got less than Roberts' extension.

I doubt at 32 years old that Roberts would have done much better than 4/40. Don't forget there was past PED use with him as well that would cloud things.

Now I'm not saying money was the only motivating factor. I think he liked being an Oriole, liked the city and the fans, but I think the losing just got to him and when he didn't have to experience it, and he could get paid, he took the opportunity to stay away as long as the team was heading on a losing track.

Like I said it's interesting he got hurt 3 games after the team hit the basement and his OPS had dipped into the .600 range. Now he can stay away again and come back next season to hopefully a winning team.

Archived