How about some love for Andino

CA-ORIOLE

Now if he can just get that elusive triple (zero in over 900 MLB AB's and the only MLB'er ever), Drungo (who provided these stats*) and the rest of us naysayers will cool our jets....:rofl: Go Robby!

* http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/114864-Truly-Obscure-Things-for-a-Friday-Afternoon

Just to clarify, he's the only middle infielder/CFer who has that many PAs without a triple. Johnny Estrada, a catcher, had 2400 and something PAs without a triple.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now if he can just get that elusive triple (zero in over 900 MLB AB's and the only MLB'er ever), Drungo (who provided these stats*) and the rest of us naysayers will cool our jets....:rofl: Go Robby!

* http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/114864-Truly-Obscure-Things-for-a-Friday-Afternoon

He would have had one last night, if that darn Russell, wouldn't have waived him home. It's all his fault that Dino doesn't have one. ;):D

Isn't Willie Randolph the 3B coach now? I'm pretty sure he was the one who waved Andino in.

That's right. I forgot that Russell has a bad knee.

Per post interview, Andino was surprised that Willie gave him the green light. Now, that interview was priceless. ;) I was laughing so hard, because he kept looking over his shoulder, waiting for the pie in the face. Thankfully, Jones came through and absolutely no resistance from Andino. He was so deadpan about the whole ordeal. One of the best post game interviews, IMO. :clap3:

I figured that this thread would be one of the first to be bumped after last night's game. Oh well. I guess it got lost in all of the joy and euphoria. Sooooooooo .... One last bit of love for Robert Andino, Jr. AND his father, Robert "That's My Son" Andino, Sr. :hearts: :cool:

• 6 months later...

c

TODAY: Reached base safely 2 times in 3 plate appearances (1 hit, 1 walk).

SPRING TRAINING OVERALL: Batting .296 with an OBP of .397, including 23 hits in 54 at-bats, plus 9 walks.

Steady, solid performance would indicate that he is picking up where he left off last year. :) We'll see if it continues when the real games start in April.

c

TODAY: Reached base safely 2 times in 3 plate appearances (1 hit, 1 walk).

SPRING TRAINING OVERALL: Batting .296 with an OBP of .397, including 23 hits in 54 at-bats, plus 9 walks.

Steady, solid performance would indicate that he is picking up where he left off last year. :) We'll see if it continues when the real games start in April.

He definitely appears to be concentrating on getting on base. Hope he can keep it up.

Archived