Logan Morrison

CrimsonTribe

I hate Logan Morrison. HATE.

Dude is the biggest jerk I've ever encountered in baseball. I've met alot of players' date=' and he is the worst.

I got one of his bats in a minor league game last year. After the game me, my girlfriend, and quite a few people waited for him and Mike Stanton for an autograph. Mike came out and was a great guy. Logan, on the other hand, showed no class at all.

When Mike (Stanton) asked Logan if he would come out and sign my bat, Logan replied out loud "Tell that fa**ot to go suck a ****!!!" When my girlfriend and I heard him say that, I gave him a piece of my mind. It wasn't pretty either. It was good that Stanton was there to calm down the situation.

Morrison is by far the biggest piece of crap in baseball.[/quote']

Yikes. I really don't like guys like that on my team. Hard to root for idiots.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the required package to get Morrison would be that significant. The Marlins specialize in giving away their talent - and they seem displeased with Morrison. Great buy low opportunity as the Blue Jays poached Rasmus. Unfortunately it will have to wait until the offseason as this couldn't be a waiver deal - and by the offseason this foolisheness about Twitter or whatever may have passed.

The Marlins specialize in giving away their veterans, with big contracts. And they usually bring back good, young, cheap talent in return. They are a well run organization. They won't just give a player away.

I don't buy that. Not with his pesonal issues and his ML performance. Maybe 2 years ago he'd have had that kind of price tag.
His personal issues, or Loria's? Demoting him was stupid, and I doubt he is a bigger PITA than HanRam. That team is dysfunctional from the top.

The Marlins specialize in giving away their veterans, with big contracts. And they usually bring back good, young, cheap talent in return. They are a well run organization. They won't just give a player away.

They were kind enough to give Cameron Maybin to the Padres for a couple of bullpen arms. I think the opportunity to buy-low on what they perceive as a problem-child is definitely there. Now, if it happens - it'll be a creative organization that pulls it off - so not the Orioles - but I'd be pleasantly delighted if it was something the Orioles looked into.

They were kind enough to give Cameron Maybin to the Padres for a couple of bullpen arms. I think the opportunity to buy-low on what they perceive as a problem-child is definitely there. Now, if it happens - it'll be a creative organization that pulls it off - so not the Orioles - but I'd be pleasantly delighted if it was something the Orioles looked into.
Yeah, this seems like the type of situation the Blue Jays would be all over. They're good at getting cheap young players for pennies on the dollar because of off-the-field issues (see Rasmus and Escobar).

Yeah, this seems like the type of situation the Blue Jays would be all over. They're good at getting cheap young players for pennies on the dollar because of off-the-field issues (see Rasmus and Escobar).

Does seem to be the Blue Jays specialty.

Of course - if the Blue Jays ever get into the race they'll surely combust due to a glaring lack of "good clubhouse guys" and suspect "veteran leadership". We all know all this assembling young talent is futile if those critical elements are ignored... They should spend their Vernon Wells savings on Aaron Rowand and Adam Kennedy...:D

:DOf course - if the Blue Jays ever get into the race they'll surely combust due to a glaring lack of "good clubhouse guys" and suspect "veteran leadership". We all know all this assembling young talent is futile if those critical elements are ignored... They should spend their:D Vernon Wells savings on Aaron. Rowand and Adam Kennedy...

On the other hand, our Choir is much better than theirs. Our Ava Maria is a real tear jerker.

I love the idea of buying low on a great baseball talent because of non-baseball issues, but reading an account like that makes it really hard to say I'd be for it.

Seconded. Unless we're talking about the guy who catapults the Orioles into the playoff race, no part of me can abide watching someone like that play every day. And even with the playoff possibility...it's not something I'd embrace without reservations.

Another article on the topic - this one much more critical of Marlins ownership/management.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-passan_morrison_marlins_petty_ownership_061611

It looks to me that Morrison has a personality and isn't willing to be quiet about the petty cheapness on display from Marlins management. I don't know if Morrison is a good guy or not - but seems to be frustrated and rightly so. I think he could be had for a fraction of his value. Now, if the O's did acquire him - the fact he might go crazy having to put up with the way the O's are run is a risk... but its still worth trying to acquire him when he's seemingly certain to be under-valued.

Seconded. Unless we're talking about the guy who catapults the Orioles into the playoff race, no part of me can abide watching someone like that play every day. And even with the playoff possibility...it's not something I'd embrace without reservations.

The article indicates he has a pretty good relationship with the fans.

I love the idea of buying low on a great baseball talent because of non-baseball issues, but reading an account like that makes it really hard to say I'd be for it.

No disrespect to the poster but, you're saying this based one account with no context. I haven't seen anything else negative about Morrison other than that he's a bit of a loudmouth who's not afraid to express his opinion. Personally, I think the organization needs a little of that too.

Archived