Logan Morrison

CrimsonTribe

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Marlins are as displeased with him as it appears - that might be it - though I'd try to sell them on Bergesen instead of Tillman. Tillman and Davis, Bergesen and Davis, Bell and Davis, Bergesen and Bell, ... maybe someone like Pelzer thrown in to sweeten the pot. If I were the Marlins I'd laugh those offers off the phone - but who knows where that organization's head is at. They might bite on a 3 quarters for a dollar trade just to be rid of what they perceive as a headache.

This is a far cry from what the Marlins would seek, and rightfully so.

It should be a far cry from what the Marlins are seeking - but who knows with that franchise. They gave away Cameron Maybin - one of the more highly touted OF prospects in recent years - for two bullpen arms.

The article indicates he has a pretty good relationship with the fans.

Honestly, IF what the previous poster said is 100% true, AND the poster didn't provoke the incident, AND in my personal opinion.....all it takes is one instance of hearing a player "express himself" like that to a fan for him to earn a permanent place on my ---- list.

LoMo also just gave out 400-some tickets to people who follow him on Twitter. Had to turn some folks away, even. Just for the hell of it. Dude did it to get fans in the ballpark. Hell, the Orioles should follow up on that idea.

Logan Morrison would be a fine addition. Problem is that short of including Machado, Schoop, Jones, Weiters or Britton the Orioles have NOTHING to offer. The Marlins are not going to take prospects who have not shown an ability to deliver for a guy like Morrison.

I don't buy that. Not with his pesonal issues and his ML performance. Maybe 2 years ago he'd have had that kind of price tag.

The ML performance is a small sample size. No way that Davis nets Morrison without one of our better young pitchers being included in the deal. If the Orioles were to offer Davis, Tillman and a C+ type prospect does that deal get done? Probably not.

There were a lot of jerks in baseball who could play. Teams do not give away quality prospects and high upside young talent because they do not care for his attitude.

The ML performance is a small sample size. No way that Davis nets Morrison without one of our better young pitchers being included in the deal. If the Orioles were to offer Davis, Tillman and a C+ type prospect does that deal get done? Probably not.

There were a lot of jerks in baseball who could play. Teams do not give away quality prospects and high upside young talent because they do not care for his attitude.

Colby Rasmus was just dealt for a 3 month rental of a #4 starter, 1 somewhat promising young bullpen arm, and some bullpen fodder. You never know...

Archived