2010: .694

2011: .732

Don't let the facts get in the way of the "2011 Off-Season of Trea!"

Sign Fielder!

Sign Darvish!

Sign Rollins and move Hardy to 2nd.

Its the 2011 Off-Season of Trea!

[video=youtube;SMsZMhgzWWQ]

If Roberts hangs them up, we should be after Jimmy Rollins for SS and move Hardy to 2B.

Enough with the projects. Let's get proven talent.

LOL...I love how you act like the Orioles would be stupid to not do this yet you aren't even remotely prepared to put the money out there it would take to sign Rollins.

And why not Reyes? Or are you finally realizing that he is as big, if not a bigger, injury risk than Hardy?

In the grand scheme of things, second base, regardless of whether BRob comes back or not, is not the top priority. We need starting pitching. At least a TOR guy as well as another solid #2-#3 guy. Take some pressure off of ALL the young O's producing at once. We need an upgrade in Left Field. I have been a Reimold supported from day one, but even I must admit he is not grasping the brass ring that he's been given. We need an upgrade at either first or third, depending where we can get help. We'll need a new DH. Once those things are finished, then we can worry about second base. If BRob comes back, great. If not, Andino has grown on me enough that I don't mind him at second IF the other things mentioned above have been addressed.

I may be dreaming, but if the Orioles actually want to build a winning team that will compete starting next year, they've got to get the talent that can do that.

Cast offs like Aaron Hill are not what competitive teams grab and put in their starting lineup.

If Toronto, which is a better run organziation than this one, doesn't want him, we shouldn't either.

Over the last 5-10 years, the Red Sox(Ortiz), TB(Pena and Kotchman) and Toronto(JBAt) have had teams excel with "cast offs" part of the driving force behind that.

And lord knows where the Yankees would be if it weren't for Colon this year.

Look, for the majority, cast offs aren't that good. We all agree with that but there are NT guys and cast offs that have good upside and their teams just give up on them too quickly.

The bottom line is this..No matter how much you want it to happen, the Orioles are not going to go out and spend 250-300M on FAs.

Guys like Rollins are not going to be in cohoots with Fielder and say, well if you sign with the 68 win, 13 straight losing season Baltimore Orioles, I will sign with them for less money just so we can finish in 3rd place..at best.

Its not going to work like that.

If that bothers you, quit this team and this site now because it is not going to change no matter if they sign your hero John Hart or not.

You can hope all you want but your hopes will not come true and all you will do is cry and complain about it.

In the offseason, you tried to tell me that they would jump the payroll up to 100+ million.

I told you to put together a team for 85M. The payroll is 87M. That is what you need to look at and expect. So, you need to approach these threads and your ideas with the thought that highest the payroll will be is 90M. If you don't want to do that, that's fine but all you are doing is getting worked up over nothing because there is zero chance your ideas will happen.

So we resigned a second baseman that was in his early 30's, and some people at the time were saying it was a mistake because there was a good chance he would break down. Turns out, they were kind of right about that, and some retrospectively think it was a bad deal. So now we should do the exact same thing, on the free agent market, for a guy that plays a more demanding and eroding shortstop position, is 32 going on 33, has had a declining OPS since 2007, and has all the skill sets that drastically and quickly dissipate as they age?

Hey, why not, history is just history, right?

As always, the funny thing about JTrea's suggestions is that they'd make the club worse in the long run. I'd rather have MacPhail as GM than a GM who would make all the moves that Trea suggests on this board.

All you need to remember is this is the same guy who droned on and on about the need to sign Chone Figgins:

Age 32: .646 OPS

Age 33: .484 OPS

What a great move that would have been!

If Roberts hangs them up, we should be after Jimmy Rollins for SS and move Hardy to 2B.

Enough with the projects. Let's get proven talent.

3/30 or 3/36 for Rollins would be a tremendous waste of resources. We'd likely get close to his production with an Andino/Adam Kennedy platoon for a couple million dollars and use the resources somewhere else.

3/30 or 3/36 for Rollins would be a tremendous waste of resources. We'd likely get close to his production with an Andino/Adam Kennedy platoon for a couple million dollars and use the resources somewhere else.
I wouldn't sign Rollins either and he isn't signing here for that money as it is.

That being said, the problem is there aren't a lot of places to go with your resources this offseason. SS is one of those positions(Reyes, Rollins).

If Roberts doesn't make it back, our greatest need is a true lead-off hitter, not a 2B. Robert Andino is quietly solidifying himself at that position.

He of the .333 OBP? The sudden love affair with Robert Andino on this site is pretty disturbing. He's a utility infielder, at best.

Archived