Heyman: Orioles current favorite to land Fielder

BaltimoreTerp

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The prevailing rumor is we'll be hiring a new GM after the season. Now we hear the new GM to-be-named-later (or GMTBL) is going to be handed a big checkbook. After all, Pete Angelos really, really wants to win NOW. Right? Right?!!?

We heard that crap during the Teixeira saga. Oh, but we would be foolish to discount this, right? How many times are people going to be suckered into giving Angelos the benefit of the doubt?

"We are coming back strong next year," he said. "I know you have heard that tune before, but this time it will literally come true."

-Peter Angelos, September 29, 2005

The Orioles intend to acquire additional players in the postseason to improve the team's offense and pitching. We intend to be competitive in the new season, and we expect our young players to be especially productive with the experience they have gained from last season

- Peter Angelos, Nov 18, 2002

""My goal is to get the team into a competitive posture this year, and by next year to get us back, not to just within a strike of the World Series, but to the World Series itself," he said. "

- Peter Angelos, February 21, 2004

"Our goal now, over the end of the season and into April 2006, is to do everything we can do ... to see that this team begins the 2006 season in a first-rate competitive position," he said.

The prevailing rumor is we'll be hiring a new GM after the season. Now we hear the new GM to-be-named-later (or GMTBL) is going to be handed a big checkbook. After all, Pete Angelos really, really wants to win NOW. Right? Right?!!?

We heard that crap during the Teixeira saga. Oh, but we would be foolish to discount this, right? How many times are people going to be suckered into giving Angelos the benefit of the doubt?

Uh.... I can think of one.

"We are coming back strong next year," he said. "I know you have heard that tune before, but this time it will literally come true."

Uh, disregarded.

The Orioles intend to acquire additional players in the postseason to improve the team's offense and pitching. We intend to be competitive in the new season, and we expect our young players to be especially productive with the experience they have gained from last season

Disregarded!!!

""My goal is to get the team into a competitive posture this year, and by next year to get us back, not to just within a strike of the World Series, but to the World Series itself," he said. "

Bah!!!!!!!!!! Why you bringin' up old ****??

"Our goal now, over the end of the season and into April 2006, is to do everything we can do ... to see that this team begins the 2006 season in a first-rate competitive position," he said.

Angelos is OLD now. He wants to see the team win before he dies!!!!!!!

But - you don't see a quote from the past 4 years. That PROVES without a reasonable doubt that he wasn't meddling and gave AM full power to do anything he desired.

But - you don't see a quote from the past 4 years. That PROVES without a reasonable doubt that he wasn't meddling and gave AM full power to do anything he desired.
That PROVES without a reasonable doubt that he knew he should stop giving interviews to the media because they always blew up in his face.

suckers.jpg

That PROVES without a reasonable doubt that he knew he should stop giving interviews to the media because they always blew up in his face.

I think that PROVES that he has been dead for the past 4 years and the guy hiding behind the curtain yelling that he is the great and wonderful Oriole owner was actually AM.

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:104264" width="360" height="293" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s07e15-its-christmas-in-canada'>http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s07e15-its-christmas-in-canada">It's Christmas in Canada</a></b><br/>Get More: <a style="display: block; position: relative; top: -1.33em; float: right; font-weight: bold; color: #ffcc00; text-decoration: none" href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/">SOUTH<br/>PARK</a><a href="http://www.southparkstudios.com/guide/episodes/s07e15-its-christmas-in-canada">more...</a></p></div></div>

I kinda hope that we sign Fielder and he goes Dunn on his. You know, just to see how that would be spun.

Oh that is easy Fielder was AMs last decision. He kept us from spending for years, then sunk us with picking the cheaper Fielder when PA was willing to sign Pujols for whatever it cost.

Archived