Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

Because filling two of 3B/1B/LF from the Dodgers and possibly getting Kershaw is better than filling one spot.

We need a LF, a CF, a SS, a 1B, bullpen arms, etc. Lets not settle.

And as I say this I feel like an idiot, I always blur the possible Tejada deals with possible Bedard deals.

Clearly we couldn't get those players from LAD for Tejada :D .

So, I only like this trade with the Angels if we still trade Bedard to the Dodgers.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What holes are you talking about?

And who would open them? Wood? How?

Trading Willis(OF), Kendrick(2B), Cabrera(SS), Andehart(Future Starter), and Weaver(Current #2) for Uggla(2B), Cabrera(3B), Garland(SP)

Willis who is a great, cheap LFer needs to be filled. Garland doesn't even come close to Weaver and Adehart is going to be a furture #1. So Wood/Aybar fill SS. That still leaves Willis spot and a Starter for Uggla and Cabrera.

If Wood is such a good SS prospect that the O's would be willing to trade 2 years of Tejada for him why would the LAA give him up for Tejada?

Wood is most likely not going to put a 100+ OPS+ his first season in the bigs. LAA Owner has a huge crush on Tejada. LAA looking to win now.

They don't need to trade for A-Rod. The Garland acquisition is so they can trade a SP for Cabrera most likely.

If the Angels get Cabrera and the Sox re-sign Lowell, that would leave the Dodgers on the short end. Instead of trading Tejada to the Angels, why not package him with Bedard to the Dodgers, who will now be scrambling for a third base solution...

Who said anything about trading for AROD ?

It could be that they are clearing room for him to return to his natural position.

Of course it is a longshot.

While the Dodgers may want MCab, they do have a nice plan B in LaRoche.

I don't know if they would feel the need to "scramble" for a 3B.

But, if they do- Blalock, Rolen, and other real 3B's will be available.

They may view those as better options than hoping Miggy can and will make the transition.

Whether it is Miggy, Erik, or both being dealt- it sure would be nice to get some of those Dodger prospects.

At this point I would happily take Santana and Aybar for Tejada or even Wood and a low level pitcher for Tejada. Unless the Cubs step up with Pie I am not sure how many other options are out there for Tejada. Also when the Mitchell Report comes out in a few week Tejada value could take a further hit. I would love to trade him before its release.

I remain convinced that Brandon Wood will be a total bust as a Major League hitter! Rob Deer. Aybar isn't even worth considering. Heck, I'd just as soon give Luis Hernandez a chance at short.

Rob Deer had an OPS over .800 in his 1st 2 full major league seasons - in the pre roids era. I'll take that any day from my SS - as long as he can field.

Wood could end up a bust. I expect that he'll go through some ugly growing pains with those strikeouts. And he'd still be worth the risk.

Trading Willis(OF), Kendrick(2B), Cabrera(SS), Andehart(Future Starter), and Weaver(Current #2) for Uggla(2B), Cabrera(3B), Garland(SP)

Willis who is a great, cheap LFer needs to be filled. Garland doesn't even come close to Weaver and Adehart is going to be a furture #1. So Wood/Aybar fill SS. That still leaves Willis spot and a Starter for Uggla and Cabrera.

Do you mean Reggie Willits?

They would be insane to trade all that for MCab. My guess is they don't want to give up Kendrick for MCab, so they can replace him with a young SP instead, where they have a number of options. Failing that they can trade for Tejada as a 3B option using one of those same young pitchers

Why not just keep Wood to play SS? You've got MCab to hit behind Vlad. Why do you need to downgrade defensively at SS when you have a young guy who could very well hit better than Tejada and Play better defense?

ZOMG my head is going to asplode.

Just because someone isn't a great hitter doesn't mean they are a good fielder.

Tejada was a better defensive shortstop than Orlando Cabrera last year and he *is* a better defensive SS.

Miggy simply makes more plays than OCab and most other SS, but all we can remeber are the mistakes he makes.

Miggy +8 to Ocab's -9

Tejada +7, Cabrera -1

+ 4.8 for Miggy, -6.5 for Orlando

Our insiders are surprisingly quiet. Add that to what Sonny said yesterday about starting to "protect" their cources, and maybe, just maybe, something is going down right now as we speak! I predict Tejada is an Angel before Thanksgiving!

I agree. I won't be surprise if we here about something later today.

Our insiders are surprisingly quiet. Add that to what Sonny said yesterday about starting to "protect" their cources, and maybe, just maybe, something is going down right now as we speak! I predict Tejada is an Angel before Thanksgiving!

I think it's more likely he's an Angel because of a bungee jumping adventure gone wrong than it is he becomes one via trade. ;)

At this point I would happily take Santana and Aybar for Tejada or even Wood and a low level pitcher for Tejada. Unless the Cubs step up with Pie I am not sure how many other options are out there for Tejada. Also when the Mitchell Report comes out in a few week Tejada value could take a further hit. I would love to trade him before its release.

This is realistic and makes sense. I have been saying ad nauseum that a Santana-Aybar package is about the most we can expect. Aquiring Garland gives them a steadier, more predictable #4 starter. Lackey, Escobar, Weaver, Garland, Saunders is a very solid M.L. rotation to go along with a good bullpen. Mcab is probably just too expensive in terms of talent. Figgins plays 3rd until Wood gets there. Tejada adds what they are looking for offensively at a fraction of the cost.

Archived