Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

Psst: hes not that good!

I chalk this up to us trading Tejada just for the sake of trading him.

I do not see how your saying that Wood is not good?

Are you saying this because of his limited success in 33 at bats this season?

He is 22 years old. He would immediately become a our second best prospect and our short stop of the future. A straight up trade of Wood for Tejada would suit me just fine.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not see how your saying that Wood is not good?

Are you saying this because of his limited success in 33 at bats this season?

He is 22 years old. He would immediately become a our second best prospect and our short stop of the future. A straight up trade of Wood for Tejada would suit me just fine.

I would rate Wood higher than Weiters.

Our insiders are surprisingly quiet. Add that to what Sonny said yesterday about starting to "protect" their cources, and maybe, just maybe, something is going down right now as we speak! I predict Tejada is an Angel before Thanksgiving!

Bigbird had a thread last week about a lot of talks going on with the Angels. One can only hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wood's upside might be higher than Wieters, but his chance of reaching that upside is far lower, IMO. I wouldn't swap the two of them, I think we've got the better prospect of the two.

My reasoning is that Wieters is too big to be a catcher for the long term. Wood on the other hand seems to play a fine SS and hits like a Corner Outfielder.

ZOMG my head is going to asplode.

Just because someone isn't a great hitter doesn't mean they are a good fielder.

Tejada was a better defensive shortstop than Orlando Cabrera last year and he *is* a better defensive SS.

Miggy simply makes more plays than OCab and most other SS, but all we can remeber are the mistakes he makes.

Miggy +8 to Ocab's -9

Tejada +7, Cabrera -1

+ 4.8 for Miggy, -6.5 for Orlando

Just goes to show you can find statistical evidence for any defensive proposition you want to make.

Baseball Prospectus: OCab 108/110, Miggy 88/87

Win Shares: OCab 9.2, Miggy 2.9

Fldg. %: OCab .983, Miggy .971

What is a fan to think?

The fact that Wood COULD is not sufficient to say we should.

You are trading one of the few assets we have for a young Rob Deer. No thanks.

What is the point of keeping Tejada? We're no good with him. I'm not saying that we should trade him just to trade him, but if Wood's upside is the best we can get, then we make the deal. We can't just make the Cubs trade us Pie.

The fact that Wood COULD is not sufficient to say we should.

You are trading one of the few assets we have for a young Rob Deer. No thanks.

Again, why would you turn away a good defensive SS who hits like a "young Rob Deer" - considering his OPS in his 1st 2 full major league seasons was over .800 - in the pre roid era.

Just goes to show you can find statistical evidence for any defensive proposition you want to make.

Baseball Prospectus: OCab 108/110, Miggy 88/87

Win Shares: OCab 9.2, Miggy 2.9

Fldg. %: OCab .983, Miggy .971

What is a fan to think?

That sound you just heard may have been Baltimoron's head exploding. Anyone who watched the 2 of them play last season knows that Cabrera is a vastly superior SS to Tejada.

Archived