Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Tejada for Wood/Santana doesn't happen I would be very surprised, now that they have even cleared SS and have another SP they can play instead of Ervin. This is too perfect for both teams. Santana I think had an off year but he's not done yet. Looks like this trade is going to go through to me.

Sometimes the perception isn't really accurate. The stats don't seem to back this train of thought up. I think defense is the easiest area to be mislead as a scout. The terrible plays are going to stick with you. And, he certainly has made some plays that are utterly horrific. But, I think they become exaggerated and cause many to slander his defensive abilities. He's not great, but he's certainly adequate. I would think a lot of teams would be fine with an adequate SS who can hit. I mean, teams let guys like Hanley trot out there everyday...

And yet stats are notoriously unreliable, too. Isn't Tango Tiger's project based on eyewitness reports?

If there's a "scout's consensus" - and I'm not saying there is - I would find significant value in the fact that that consensus says Miggy has slipped.

Absent that, we've got contradictory evidence. And a few scout's opinions. And our own. MY eyes - and I watched about 80% of the games last year - say he's declined some. But that he's still "average" in many respects. His flights of distraction, however, are numbing.

The big plus that we may have is that I think the Angels may think that keeping around the vast majority of their prospects may be a good thing. I guess they also figure that Garland + Tejada > O. Cabrera + Santana at this point. Plus, they'd be able to hold onto most of their young guys. They wouldn't have to give up the whole farm to get M. Cabrera.

Garland is an innings eater, and if he can keep his ERA where it was with Chicago, he is a great #3 for them, especially since they are in the "win now" mode.

This could have been precipitated by Lowell's signing. If LAA was targeting him and he went to the Sox then most likely they would be after Tejada next.

It seems to me that they still want a 3B. They wanteed Lowell and Arod. Wouldn't the next logical step be Cabbrera before it would be moving a SS to 3B?

Interesting....

Who knows what we will get for Miggy ?

They wanted to give us Santana and Aybar. We balked. We wanted more.

Since then they have got a new GM. But, Tejada has lost value since then, too.

??????

Wood and Santana ?

Wood and Aybar ?

If Wood isn't in the deal, I would be disappointed.

Although, Morales, Aybar, Santana may be a good deal in the long run.

Who knows.

I like LAD prospects more, but you have to dance with a willing partner.

Take the information with a grain of salt though. It's just a bunch of Angels fans speculating right now.

Archived