Could the Angels be clearing a spot for Tejada

Sportfanatic4

It seems to me that they still want a 3B. They wanteed Lowell and Arod. Wouldn't the next logical step be Cabbrera before it would be moving a SS to 3B?
MCab is more expensive in terms of players than Lowell or Tejada. I would think the options would be MCab #1 Lowell #2, Tejada #3.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems to me that they still want a 3B. They wanteed Lowell and Arod. Wouldn't the next logical step be Cabbrera before it would be moving a SS to 3B?

But Mig Cabrera doesn't play SS thats the thing, if they trade for Tejada they can keep Figgins at 3b and insert miggy at SS. If they trade for Miguel Cabrera they stil don't have a SS

MCab is more expensive in terms of players than Lowell or Tejada. I would think the options would be MCab #1 Lowell #2, Tejada #3.

But they wouldn't be giving anyone up to get Lowell. He was a FA. Now since they can't sign him, they will try for MCab. And when they can't get him, they will *settle* for Miggy.

Yes, but now they have a whole at SS also. They may decide that Cabrera will cost too much and so they are moving on to Tejada at SS and Figgins at 3B. Either way I wouldn't feel great about Wood/M. Itzurius/E.Aybar at SS if I were a contender. Now Wood on a rebuilding team, yes.

But Mig Cabrera doesn't play 3B thats the thing, if they trade for Tejada they can keep Figgins at 3b and insert miggy at SS. If they trade for Miguel Cabrera they stil don't have a SS

They either move Figgins to SS, which is most likely. Or they can keep wood, have him at SS and put Figgins in the Outfield and have Cabrera at 3B. It is odd to me that everyone says how good Wood is so maybe, just maybe they are doing this to make room for him. They know they had a SS who was on the brink, so they made room for him and got a better rotation.

I think BB said he was headed out for Thanksgiving and I would think most of the Orioles front office has probably done the same.

My guy is out of the office this week. Maybe Belkast, Peace21 or sonny's contact can fill the gap. I'm wondering how MacPhail is handling dealing Miggy, Hernandez and negotiating with Bedard at the same time????

Just for the sake of asking the question.

Am I the only one that believes the only way to justify pulling off this trade is to also trade Bedard. This trade with the Angels does nothing to improve the Orioles now, and thus to even ensure better results from rebuilding we MUST trade Bedard as well.

There is no need to half-ass rebuilding, unless of course you can destroy some teams farm system AND get some players that improve your team now. But thats unrealistic.

My guy is out of the office this week. Maybe Belkast, Peace21 or sonny's contact can fill the gap. I'm wondering how MacPhail is handling dealing Miggy, Hernandez and negotiating with Bedard at the same time????

Note : The following may not make sense to many of you, however the few for whom it does will appreciate it greatly.........

"That's the driver, man. I'm not handling the money, driving the car and talking on the phone all at the same time!!!"

Yeah I'm not sure. He really should just get this Bedard thing out of the way as soon as possible.

But they wouldn't be giving anyone up to get Lowell. He was a FA. Now since they can't sign him, they will try for MCab. And when they can't get him, they will *settle* for Miggy.

My feeling is Mcab is just too expensive at this point. Maybe that will change but it seems the Angels put them in a position where another deal is already in place or they need to move fast. I would think the fastest thing would be to pull the string on Tejada. The addition of Tejada and Garland certainly make them a better team.

Archived