Orioles likely to name Lacava GM

bOhs01

Could be a Beltran situation though. Terrible for a couple years because of injury and then finally puts it back together when you least expect it.

Considering how difficult it is to attract FA's here and even if we could how much we would have to overpay, it is worth the risk to me. Until we start winning on our own these are the type of risks we might need to take.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, just don't let Grady play CF (which shouldn't be a problem). Most, if not all of his injuries are from wear and tear due his all or nothing outfield play. Let him DH and play LF and see what happens. I mean, production has never been his issue, so it won't be like a Garret Atkins situation. If Sizemore can be had for around 5 Mil or so, i'd pull the trigger and keep him the heck away from CF and play him no more than 5-6 days in a row.

Levine - President of Baseball Operations

LaCava - General Manager

I could live with this.

I don't believe this is a possibility.

I believe that Tony was given the weekend to think it over and we could see an announcement on Monday. I was shocked at how early that turnaround was. Tuesday or Wed makes more sense, but just passing on what I heard.

I don't believe this is a possibility.

I believe that Tony was given the weekend to think it over and we could see an announcement on Monday. I was shocked at how early that turnaround was. Tuesday or Wed makes more sense, but just passing on what I heard.

Thanks. I was told the same. But Tony was told that it is Hart so anyone's guess at this point.

Bo Jackson was really great until he had that hip replaced...

A couple years ago Microfracture was like the kiss of death because no one understood the recovery time. Now it looks like a year to get back to activity, and another year or two to get back to pre-injury status, but it does come back at least for the most part.

A couple years ago Microfracture was like the kiss of death because no one understood the recovery time. Now it looks like a year to get back to activity, and another year or two to get back to pre-injury status, but it does come back at least for the most part.
SO how does subsequent insult to the area by surgical means effect the timeline?

Just had knee surgery again, on the same one they performed microfracture last year; I'd pass
SO how does subsequent insult to the area by surgical means effect the timeline?

I could have sworn I saw a quote from him a few months back saying his other knee was bothering him just like the one he had surgery on. Are you sure it was the same knee Scott?

It's actually pretty common, I think it's all part of the learning process about them since it's a fairly new procedure. You see it more in the NBA, Amare, Arenas guys like that have had it, gone MIA for a couple years (year out, year inneffective) and a lot of them have had a second procedure in there somewhere.

I think it's going to get to the point where they do the microfracture, and then schedule a second surgery to clean things up after a period of rehab since it's happening so often anyway.

I could have sworn I saw a quote from him a few months back saying his other knee was bothering him just like the one he had surgery on. Are you sure it was the same knee Scott?

I'd imagine the overcompensation from the original knee would lead to more wear and tear on the other knee. Was the second one arthroscopic?

Archived