Angelos may be mandating the signing of Fielder!

Roll Tide

You're living in a fantasy world if you believe it would be just one exception. You just pointed to numerous times in the past where he meddled. Unfortunately, you forgot all of the times he did meddle with disastrous results, not to mention all of the times no one even knows about. Once exception? You already proved that there is no such thing.

Right, I forgot about the bad results, even though my first friggin line reads..."Angelos has done SO much wrong in his tenure here...."

:rolleyes:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ill say it again.I dont think the Orioles will sign Fielder and for MOST of you I guess you think thats a good thing. But I have one

question. Does anyone think if we had signed Tex at about the same money were were any "closer" or"better" as an organization?

I say that the Orioles were ALOT worse off when they were offering Tex a ton of money(reportedly).

I dont think Prince is as complete a player as Tex, but he's as close as you are going to get in the future FA market. Forget Pujols he

DEFINATELY aint coming. SO TO SUM UP. IF YOU WANTED TEX..WHY WOULDNT YOU HAVE WANTED PRINCE?

Tex doesn't weigh 270lbs? Tex plays GG defense?

I get your point about some posters being hypocrites. I think it has a lot to do with how most of us feel he'll hold up over time. There's to much historical data that points to these big guys not holding up very well past age 30... certainly defensively... and who wants a $20M+ DH?

You're living in a fantasy world if you believe it would be just one exception. You just pointed to numerous times in the past where he meddled. Unfortunately, you forgot all of the times he did meddle with disastrous results, not to mention all of the times no one even knows about. Once exception? You already proved that there is no such thing.

The problem is everyone hates Angelos SO much that they (we) fail to realize that nearly EVERY owner in sports meddles to some degree with their team. If you don't believe that then you are just hiding your head in the sand, or else just blinded by hatred.

One constant in the last 14 years is the owner. He's mandated draft picks. He came up with the dual GM thing. He mandated that AM couldn't fire Dave Stockstill. He mandated that both Stockstills would be rehired before the new GM had a chance to make the decision himself. I bet we could make a nice list of his mandates. But what the heck, it's ok in this case because it's just one exception! LOL

Peter Angelos as the owner of the Baltimore Orioles sucks. I'm not sure why you're trying to make it seem like I feel any other way.

That said, I will go to my grave saying the same thing...the OWNER is the ultimate boss and he can meddle whenever the hell he wants. His meddling and decisions may ultimately lead to failure and a loss of revenue, but that's his right as the OWNER of the friggin team....business....hot dog stand. Whatever it is. You might not like it, I might not like it, but it doesn't mater what we think. We are fans of a sports team, nothing more.

I'd love the Orioles to sign Prince and a premium pitcher this offseason. I think doing those two things would vault us into respectability and a winning season and get the fans excited. Maybe some help in the outfield also. Over the lengths of the contracts, if the team is run properly, other guys should be maturing or be brought in and hopefully you have a contender 3+ years down the road. I know my boy Peter can afford it. He'd better not be keeping all the MASN money in a black box.

Ill say it again.I dont think the Orioles will sign Fielder and for MOST of you I guess you think thats a good thing. But I have one

question. Does anyone think if we had signed Tex at about the same money were were any "closer" or"better" as an organization?

I say that the Orioles were ALOT worse off when they were offering Tex a ton of money(reportedly).

I dont think Prince is as complete a player as Tex, but he's as close as you are going to get in the future FA market. Forget Pujols he

DEFINATELY aint coming. SO TO SUM UP. IF YOU WANTED TEX..WHY WOULDNT YOU HAVE WANTED PRINCE?

If it were up to me, I'd trade Jones, Markakis, JJ, Guthrie, Hardy and Reynolds (all expensive or soon to be expensive) and sign Darvish and maybe Cespedes. At least this way the guys we're bringing in to help would hopefully reliably be there when we're good again. I'd want to indulge in Fielder, but I just cannot fathom a scenario where spending a ton on him is smarter than spending all (or most) of that money on pitching, from a runs scored/runs allowed perspective.

Tex doesn't weigh 270lbs? Tex plays GG defense?

I get your point about some posters being hypocrites. I think it has a lot to do with how most of us feel he'll hold up over time. There's to much historical data that points to these big guys not holding up very well past age 30... certainly defensively... and who wants a $20M+ DH?

Neither does Prince. They said Boog weighed 230. HA! And Albert? Does anone really believe his stated age?

No secret mandate and no Prince-perhaps a frog . Frogs turn into Princes.

Let's see: frog is an epithet for a Frenchman, or Frenchie ... Holy diminishing returns, Batman, we're trading for Jeff Francouer!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nltVuSH-lQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's see: frog is an epithet for a Frenchman, or Frenchie ... Holy diminishing returns, Batman, we're trading for Jeff Francouer!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nltVuSH-lQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is actually far more logically solid than the reasoning of some of our most prolific posters.

Well the list keeps getting smaller of interested teams.

While the market for first baseman Prince Fielder may be thinning, there was no indication the Milwaukee Brewers had any plans to try to keep their free-agent slugger, says Tom Haudricourt of the Journal Sentinel.

Haudricourt says the Brewers seem committed to giving Mat Gamel his shot to play first base, and if that fails, one contingency plan is moving Casey McGehee there from third base.

ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney adds Tuesday morning that the Brewers consider themselves out of the bidding for Fielder.

The Nationals have been mentioned as a serious suitor for Fielder, but Washington GM Mike Rizzo tells MASNSports.com that Prince isn't on the team's radar right now and that he's content to go into spring training with Adam LaRoche as the club's starting first baseman.

@JimBowdenESPNxm Mariners are now front=runners on Fielder with Milw,Cubs & Tor all wanting shorter term deals....stay tuned

Didn't Milwaukee originally offer 6 years? Anyway, if the Orioles have any interest, it would probably be of the "swoop in an make an offer if the market falls significantly." Nothing more.

Hopefully this just means Smoak will be available soon.

Link

Archived