Todays (12-06-2011) Orioles Trade.

weams

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh!!! I had a feeling Buck was that down on BMat. Would not be a good trade and Floyd is a guy I wouldn't mind having but this isn't the right deal.

Yeah...I'm sorry, but if this is something Buck is advocating and DD would actually agree with, I'd have to start wondering about this team we've put in place.

Wait.

1. Roch admits that neither front office has mentioned Matusz, hes heard it from others.

2. On what planet is this a bad trade? We get an established pitcher in Floyd and a guy that is most likely better than anything we stick in LF.

In addition I wouldn't have to watch Matusz give up 5,6,7 runs over 4 innings this season.

Wait.

1. Roch admits that neither front office has mentioned Matusz, hes heard it from others.

2. On what planet is this a bad trade? We get an established pitcher in Floyd and a guy that is most likely better than anything we stick in LF.

In addition I wouldn't have to watch Matusz give up 5,6,7 runs over 4 innings this season.

I think Carlos Quentin is a pretty terrible outfielder. DH, please.

I think Carlos Quentin is a pretty terrible outfielder. DH, please.

So let him DH. Put Nolan in LF. All things considered they would both be on the team anyway. Neither is a stellar outfielder. It's a lot better than paying a veteran to come play LF/DH, at least here we get someone who can pitch for us.

Wait.

In addition I wouldn't have to watch Matusz give up 5,6,7 runs over 4 innings over the next 4 years.

You know, that is as likely as him finding "it" again.

It seems like Bergeson, Andino, plus a midlevel prospect for Floyd would work. By mid-level, I mean in the 10-15 range. This gives the Sox a cheap starter, and middle infielder who can play a lot of positions and fill in for injured starters, and a midlevel prospect, maybe a reliever??

The Sox's goal is to get cheaper, don't see why they would be interested in Markakis.

If this deal goes down it is certainly an indictment of the Jordon era. In fact, the paucity of prospects in our current system is clearly a reflection of how poorly Jordon did when he was here. We don't have enough B level prospects to make a deal. We're stuck with having to trade our A level prospects.

Like most of you I was a big fan of Matusz's. However, Tony has pointed out on numerous occasions that all is not right with Brian. His velocity was down even before he got injured last year. He has difficulty holding runners and he is slow to the plate.

Maybe he'll turn it around this year, maybe not. I'll take my chances with dealing Matusz to the Sox for an .800 ops hitter and a 200 inning pitcher.

Archived