Edwin Jackson: Interested?

SilentJames

My hopes are not up, but I think we have to be one of the leading contenders for Jackson at this point. Just from the rumors heard this offseason, this seems like the guy that the FO is most intrigued by. I think for his age and what he brings to the table, he's worth at minimum a 3/36 type deal, but as I've said earlier I would go as high as 4/48 if I had to. I like this guy.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These 2 deals for the Yankees really hurt EJack in one way..but perhaps it helps him in another.

Boston was reportedly looking at him as well..but they were also looking at Kuroda. So, EJack could on their radar now.

The thing is Boston is worried about the luxury tax as well, so they will only be intersted in Jackson for a one year deal IMO. That's what they liked about Kuroda. I think they are more inclined to get Oswalt. If the O's offer a 3 year deal and an option they might get him.

Hopefully this means we can pick up Jackson for 3 years with an option for a hair over $30m guaranteed. I'd wager he and Kuroda would put up similar numbers next year. I do like Arrieta in the rotation though, and I'm not sure how much better than him Jackson is going to be.

It would more or less guarantee a Guthrie trade though.

Jackson

Britton

Arrieta

Chen

Matusz/Hunter/Wada/Bergesen/Tillman/Eveland

A solid young staff, I'd say.

• 2 weeks later...
but the Orioles won't fork over the amount of money that he's seeking. Not for an "erratic" pitcher, as one person in the organization described him. They want him, but not at any price.

So the Orioles will never find a player that they value high enough to be the top bidder....Just a whole lot more excuses. Please Sell the team Angelos family:pray:

Jackson is a good target for 3/27 or so...Anything more than that and he is a poor target.

You could probably obtain Aj Burnett for next to nothing and he is likely to be as good as EJack would be here.

If you are willing to eat most of his 16M salary. I think Ejax for 3/27M and an option, is the better choice.

So the Orioles will never find a player that they value high enough to be the top bidder....Just a whole lot more excuses. Please Sell the team Angelos family:pray:
What's the source for that quote? Who's saying it? In what context? And when was it made?

I'd sign him to a 3/30-33 contract.

Jackson has been a 3.5+ fWAR pitcher for the past 3 seasons.

Nobody on the Orioles has done that.

If he's basically a younger Guthrie, then that's a good thing, IMO. I would like to have another Guthrie on our staff. So if you can get him for 3/30, I would do that in a heartbeat.

Thing is, there's talent, and there's potential, and then there is proven talent. Jackson is that rare combination of proven MLB ability, and youth.

Jackson is a good target for 3/27 or so...Anything more than that and he is a poor target.

You could probably obtain Aj Burnett for next to nothing and he is likely to be as good as EJack would be here.

Edwin Jackson is a much better bet than Burnett. And 3/30 or even 4/40 wouldn't bother me. People don't realize how solid he's been.

Duquette hasn't dismissed the possibility of acquiring another starter. Edwin Jackson, a Scott Boras client, remains on the market, but the Orioles won't fork over the amount of money that he's seeking. Not for an "erratic" pitcher, as one person in the organization described him. They want him, but not at any price.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/01/where-do-we-go-now.html

Archived