Heyman: O's could sign Crisp soon (Update: Crisp signs with A's)

Greg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's think, we could actually trade Jones AND Reimold.

Jones to ATL for Jurrjens, Beachy, and Delgado

Reimold and Tillman to ChiSox for Floyd

Crisp is signed.

Cespedes is signed.

Fielder is signed.

Edwin Jackson is signed for 4/44

Additions: Jurrjens, Beachy, Delgado, Floyd, Crisp, Cespedes, Fielder, and Jackson (or Chen).

SP:

Jurrjens

Beachy

Delgado

Floyd

Guthrie

Britton

Matusz

Hunter

Arrieta

Bergesen

Eveland

Wada

Chen

Crisp plays CF, or LF whichever Cespedes doesn't play.

Please share whatever you're having. Please. :D

If only we had Arte Moreno as our owner.

Matusz was a #2 at his best and a lot of folks said he would be a good #3 with the ability to travel through the system quickly. If Matusz gets us Floyd who is a quality #3 now and from the area (could easily extend at a team friendly deal) than Floyd still makes sense IMO.

Matusz has more upside than Floyd, and could likely give us the same production that Floyd will eventually.

Let's think, we could actually trade Jones AND Reimold.

Jones to ATL for Jurrjens, Beachy, and Delgado

Reimold and Tillman to ChiSox for Floyd

Crisp is signed.

Cespedes is signed.

Fielder is signed.

Edwin Jackson is signed for 4/44

Additions: Jurrjens, Beachy, Delgado, Floyd, Crisp, Cespedes, Fielder, and Jackson (or Chen).

SP:

Jurrjens

Beachy

Delgado

Floyd

Guthrie

Britton

Matusz

Hunter

Arrieta

Bergesen

Eveland

Wada

Chen

Crisp plays CF, or LF whichever Cespedes doesn't play.

Where is that additional $38M+ of 2012 team payroll coming from. If we have about $13M right now and Jones and Reimold saves us something like $4.5M than how do we go from $85M to $118M?

Matusz has more upside than Floyd, and could likely give us the same production that Floyd will eventually.

Maybe, but we could see that he could give us none. I do not think that Matusz has more upside than Floyd. I just think that Floyd has reached his and Matusz has not. There is something about Matusz that I do not like, he would gone.

FWIW, talking to an Atlanta fan, they are going crazy about getting AJ or Jurrjens, said he is solid, but that they have enough pitching to give him up for a power hitting CF in Jones. They are very high on Teheran, and Minor.

Maybe Jones to ATL for Jurrjens, Beachy and Delgado

That would be huge. Unrealistically so IMO, but where do I sign?

Eveland is no where near a lock imo to even make the roster out of spring training.
What kind of contract did he sign? OK we got him in a trade and he had a MiL contract with the LAD's. So he could go to Norfolk. That just means that Hunter could go into the rotation.

This is interesting because it gives us leverage. If we want to deal Reimold in a package for Floyd we can and if we want to deal Jones for pitching than we can, but we can't trade both guys. So Chicago and Atlanta, the first one to give what we want will get the offer. I think Reimold and Tillman could land Floyd. I hope it is not Matusz and Reimold. Reading into things thus far we have assured Wada a chance as a SP and we pretty much have Guthrie and Arrieta although we could move Arrieta. We are still in on Chen and I suppose we could stop trying to land him if we got Floyd. We are also in talks with the Braves regarding Jones. I for one do not think that Jones will be happy to move to LF and I do feel that it would lower his value. I think Jones is on his way out if we sign Crisp.

I'm dizzy with the possibilities... Crisp signing rumors now make more sense in light of possible Jones trade. Jones for Jurrjens, Prado and Minor/Whoever would be a very solid haul for Jones, IMO. Minor appears to be a potential stud. And Prado... well, it would be hard to find a better signing for the Orioles in some ways. The guy's a great player - and could be the true sleeper in such a deal. We're talking about a dude who plays three positions of serious need for the Birds (LF, 3B and 2B) at a high level. AND before last season, which was injury marred I think, he had three consecutive 800-plus OPS seasons. I would not be surprised if any Jones deal did turn out to be Jurrjens, Prado and one or two other true prospects. It just makes too much sense for both sides.

Archived