MLB Network discusses Fielder to Nationals

BilboBaggins

Nats are still being used IMO. It's the team you don't hear about that is the real threat to sign him...

Exactly! Look for the Jays or Marlins to scoop him up. Hope he doesn't go to the Nats, but it would be fun to see him when I take the family to Nats Park.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly! Look for the Jays or Marlins to scoop him up. Hope he doesn't go to the Nats, but it would be fun to see him when I take the family to Nats Park.

Not the Jays, and not the Marlins IMO.

Rangers, Mariners or yes the Orioles...

Rangers are the biggest competition IMO. I think he wants to go where he can DH and put up big numbers.

That's Baltimore or Arlington

He wants to go where he gets the biggest contract.

I mostly agree. I think the money is very important but I do think that he would take a bit less to stay out of a place like Seattle which would hurt his numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if Boras takes Seattle's offer and shops it, trying to get another team to match it.

The Nats are team Boras...he isn't going to use them, that just makes no sense.

Prince may prefer to go to Texas but that doesn't mean the Nats are being used.

I suspect Texas is simply a point of leverage in this. They will sign Darvish. Why else post $50m plus? If the Nats sign Fielder before Darvish signs, I think they'll have lost this negotiation. If it's after, they'll have called the bluff and probably won. If there's a mystery team, I'd be surprised.

Not completely sure I want Fielder but when the dust clears, I think he'll be a Nat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/post/nationals-still-pursuing-prince-fielder-met-today-with-agent-scott-boras/2012/01/11/gIQAX1IJsP_blog.html

Nationals still pursuing Prince Fielder, met today with agent Scott Boras

Despite a report on the teams official Web site today playing down the Nationals' chances at signing free agent first baseman Prince Fielder, a person familiar with the situation said the Nationals are patiently and aggressively pursuing Fielder a pursuit that included a new twist today.

The Nationals push for Fielder continued when Nationals principal owners Ted and Mark Lerner met with Scott Boras, Fielder's high-profile agent, at the owners meetings in Arizona this evening, the person said. The details of the conversation are not known, but the sides previously discussed Fielder this offseason in Washington. In the past, the Lerners have been part of negotiations for lucrative contracts with Boras for Jayson Werth, Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper.

Archived