Lincecum Free Agent

OrangeJerseys

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Padres punch Timmy, but he still got the W.

5 free passes (4 walks, and a hit batsman.)

5 runs over 5.67 innings.

TIM LINCECUM O (vs. PADRES, 9/04)

IP:O 5.67

H:o. 7

R:O. 5

BB:. 4 *

SO:. 5

Pitches: 111 (65 Strikes, 46 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.50

* Lincecum also had 1 hit batsman.

Timmy coasted to a win tonight, as his offense put up a ton of runs right from the get-go.

TIM LINCECUM O (vs. DODGERS, 9/14)

IP:O 6

H:o. 5

R:O. 3

BB:. 2 *

SO:. 6

Pitches: 87 (58 Strikes, 29 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.40

• 2 weeks later...

A good season finale for Timmy.

His 2-year/$40.5 Million contract has expired.

TIM LINCECUM O (vs. DODGERS, 9/26)

IP:O 7

H:o. 8

R:O. 2

BB:. 2 * O*

SO:. 6

Pitches: 103 (64 Strikes, 39 Balls) ** 99 (64 Strikes, 35 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.37

* 1 of the Walks was Intentional

** Minus the Intentional Walk

Do the Giants resign him? I know he is a fan favorite in the Bay Area, but I think that he was kinda falling out of favor with the front office. Is there any chance he could wear East Coast Black and Orange? I would like to see him for a full season in the AL where nobody has faced him very much...he could possibly dominate for awhile. :scratchchinhmm:

Do the Giants resign him? I know that he's a fan favorite in the Bay Area, but I think that he was kind of falling out of favor with the front office. Is there any chance that he could wear east coast orange and black? I would like to see him for a full season in the American League, where nobody has faced him very much ... he could possibly dominate for awhile. :scratchchinhmm:

A potential Orioles Talk section thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I would be holding my nose if I was a Giants fan right about now. No way in Hades he lives up to those numbers. Good luck, Tim-May.

Well, even though it's a "pay cut" from $40.5 Million for two years to $35 Million for two years, it is still a ton of money.

In his first 2 starts of 2014, Timmy has gotten rocked for 11 earned runs over 10 innings.

There's a loooooong way to go this season, but unless Timmy really starts to get cookin', then his current 2-year contract (2014-2015) will wind up being at least as bad as his previous 2-year contract (2012-2013) was.

Archived