Brian Matusz will be our #1 starter by year's end

Flacco Machado

Matusz has been REALLY effective against lefties this year; his TTP has improved; he's stuck with it. I give him credit. I have been on this board saying he needs to throw more change-ups, he needs to throw more change-ups. But, maybe he doesn't. His breaking ball has been excellent.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matusz has been REALLY effective against lefties this year; his TTP has improved; he's stuck with it. I give him credit. I have been on this board saying he needs to throw more change-ups, he needs to throw more change-ups. But, maybe he doesn't. His breaking ball has been excellent.

When his slider is on, it serves almost as well as a change up. Yestersday he threw it 29 times, 23 strikes, including 10 whiffs.

• 4 weeks later...

My apologies, guys. I tried. I really thought this was going to be Brian's year. I will continue to think that he will be a very good starter in the majors, just not for us. I think a change of scenery is his best route and for his sake, the National League. He seems like he is a guy that is not receptive to much coaching, at least not our coaches. To be the #4 pick in the draft and to see what he has become is truly sad.

Again, I believe in him. I think he has talent. Somehow, someway he will find the perfect storm. Where? I still say San Diego.

Matusz and a prospect for Headley makes SOOOOOOOOOOO much sense. He goes home to sunny California, pitches in a huge ballpark made for flyball pitchers, and we get our 3B. Please do this Dan Duquette. I'm begging you.

Brian, you are a mess. I wish you all the best. But, I believe your days in Baltimore are over. God speed.

Again, i believe in him. I think he has talent. Somehow, someway he will find the perfect storm. Where? I still say san diego.

matusz and a prospect for headley makes sooooooooooo much sense. He goes home to sunny california, pitches in a huge ballpark made for flyball pitchers, and we get our 3b. Please do this dan duquette. I'm begging you.

Seems like the "Matusz to San Diego" idea has come as a "revelation" to some people. How about that? :scratchchinhmm:

Archived