Milledge Traded to Nats

Birds08

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacPhail must have some serious doubts about Milledge's makeup. That's the only reason I can see passing on him.

I agree. I wasn't bothered by the hip hop lyrics thing, but I feel there are underlying issues with Lastings.

One more thing. Not to beat a dead horse, but for the people who were bothered by his lyrics, shouldn't the fans of Carmelo Anthony worry about the fact he was in that Stop Snitching video?

MacPhail must have some serious doubts about Milledge's makeup. That's the only reason I can see passing on him.

I think AM cares about several things, one of which is the persona the team shows to the world. My hunch is that he didn't like the idea of a getting a young very-high-bling guy who DT would have to keep yelling at about showboating over nothing. But I'm just guessing...

I agree. I wasn't bothered by the hip hop lyrics thing, but I feel there are underlying issues with Lastings.

One more thing. Not to beat a dead horse, but for the people who were bothered by his lyrics, shouldn't the fans of Carmelo Anthony worry about the fact he was in that Stop Snitching video?

I think the rap lyrics made a better soundbite but the bigger concerns really had to do with hustle, respect for the game, and getting along with teammates. I think MacPhail passed on him because he knew Lastings Milledge and the current Orioles atmosphere were not a good match. I also think the Mets may have decided that, since they wanted rid of him and he wasn't drawing the kind of interest they had hoped for anyway, Washington was a good place to send him because Manny Acta seems to have a way with troubled young players (plus a little experience with Milledge on the Mets in 2006) and Dmitri Young supposedly has gotten his life together after rehab and is looking to mentor troubled young players.

As for Anthony, I would imagine most people who are overly worked up about Milledge's lyrics are not big fans of his either.

Archived