Has there been one positive moment since before the Allstar break last year?

cb3fsu

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

_________________________ ___________________________

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7GOCAC8FCqE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Despite what this particular video might be trying to imply as to the year... 1993... :rolleyestf:

This is from TV, 1965 or close. Color so... later than that. British TV I think.

Aside from maybe managing to sign our 1st round pick, has there been one bit of good news concerning the Orioles since Britton has his exciting debut before the inevitable fade?

Seriously, please post anything you've got. And don't even think about mentioning any BS about knocking the Redsox out of the playoffs.

You're kidding right?

You guys are sad.

First off, the Sox weren't beating anyone else during the stretch either, so I don't see any reason to celebrate beating a team everyone else was also beating.

Second off, how did this help the Orioles? Did the Orioles clinch a playoff spot? Did the Orioles gain anything? No. The Orioles finished last and made ZERO steps toward finishing anywhere but last in the future.

"Name one thing that Neil Armstrong did to be significant, other than that First man on the moon stuff."

So name the thing the Orioles did that compares to Neil Armstrong walking on the moon. What was it?

I was going to say "after the allstar break" but Britton didn't even make it all the way there before having to be sent down. People were talking delusionally about whether we should keep him up for the Playoffs or send him down to keep him innings and service time low...then he pitches himself back to triple A, Matusz completely flops, Arrieta gets hurt, Tillman is sent down...and in the off season the intelligent move of trading the only pitcher in recent memory to throw 200 innings away for more question marks.

No significant lineup additions. When is the last time we had a legit cleanup hitter? When is the last time we have a starting pitcher who could even be a legit #2 starter?

And no serious attempt to upgrade any position this offseason.

So tell me how the "Name one thing that Neil Armstrong did to be significant, other than that First man on the moon stuff." comment makes sense.

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME AN ORIOLE WALKED ON THE MOON?

You guys are sad.

Based on your obvious inability to see the good in anything with the Orioles, I would suggest including yourself before offering that insult about others.

If you want to purposely prevent yourself from enjoying what you can with a baseball team of which, I assume since you are posting here, you consider yourself a fan, that's perfectly fine. But mocking others because they disagree and like the feeling they get when the Orioles do something well is certainly not going to gain you many responses you will like. That is truly the sad part.

If sending the cocky Red Sox home didn't give you any pleasure, then I don't know what to tell you.

In keeping with the Neil Armstrong theme:

Name one positive thing Thomas Edison ever did. And don't even think about mentioning any BS about inventing the lightbulb.

Edison is not the best analopgy, considering the movie camera, phonograph, the fluoroscope, and the stock ticker among others.

Archived