Yankee's set deadline for Santana deal

Elbren

Yahoo Sports Link

They've told the Twins they have until late Monday to finish a deal or they're pulling out of negotiations. Just reading some of these quotes, the new Steinbrenner seems like a bit of an ass.

... We've made them the best offer. And at this point, it's not going to get any better. So they can decide. At this point, it's up to them. I don't think they want to lose us in this thing, obviously. Nobody wants to lose the Yankees in a negotiation.

I really like Hughes, but I don't see how any deal w/ Melky Cabrera in it can be considered the best on the table.

Orioles119... all thats been reported in the past 24 hours is that the Red Sox will include Ellsbury but not Lester as well. Were you just reporting late that the Sox will include Ellsbury in the discussions (which isnt THAT new, was reported early Sunday) or that they will include Ellsbury AND Lester? (which I haven't heard anywhere yet, have heard the opposite from every media outlet)

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/11966610475610.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

Starting to seem like the Yankees and Red Sox are hardening their positions. The remarks from Yankees sources and the feeling that the Twins are "pestering" the Red Sox has me thinking that this is really in a holding pattern and the Twins are going to have to make the next move. I think the dominoes could fall relatively quickly at this point.

Archived