Why aren't people complaining about Betemit's defense?

Sports Guy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We don't have any other options!!!! Why don't people get this? Reynolds is the best option we have!

I'm not 100% sure thats the case but even if it is it's still unacceptable that someone that bad is our best option. Also, no contender is going to trade for him as their reg 3b.

I'm not 100% sure thats the case but even if it is it's still unacceptable that someone that bad is our best option. Also, no contender is going to trade for him as their reg 3b.

The Orioles are essentailly playing without a 3b. We have two DHs vying for the 3b position. Both of them suck defensively. What would I do? How about platooning Davis and Reynolds at first after we pick up a 3b who can hit .250 and play average defense? We can essentially have 3 guys, Betemit, Reynolds and Davis to cover 2 positions. Plenty of at bats to go around.

I don't know. We haven't watched Betemit epically suck for an entire year plus?

Yeah it's not really much better, but he deserves a chance to attempt to settle down and do a little better. We all KNOW what we are getting from the other one. I'd rather see Flaherty starting at 3B personally, but that's a lot of hope that he could outhit Betemit/Johnson.

No, he's right. Nobody, especially a contender, is going to trade for Reynolds as a 3b. Quit trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with either one of these guys. That one of these absolute butchers is who we have to put out at 3rd everyday is unacceptable really. BTW.... I haven't seen either game the last two days so I can't really comment on Betemit's errors. I just know the ones from Reynolds were really, really, bad. The ones he was charged with and the ones he wasn't( Davis making a great diving catch at 1st, the misjudged pop fly).

That square peg fit that round hole just fine for four years in Arizona.

We don't have any other options!!!! Why don't people get this? Reynolds is the best option we have!

We certainly DO have options, the best one being calling Machado up to play SS and moving JJ to 3B. BUT, that is not in the best long term interest of the club, at least not for this season.

I agree with you that for 2012, Buck should just keep running Reynolds out there all season long.

Yeah it's not really much better, but he deserves a chance to attempt to settle down and do a little better. We all KNOW what we are getting from the other one. I'd rather see Flaherty starting at 3B personally, but that's a lot of hope that he could outhit Betemit/Johnson.

Based on what different people say and the actual facts I would argue that the majority have absolutely no clue what we are getting from "the other one".

Archived