Bedard and the Reds(again)

weemnj

Would you do the Bedard and Penn/Olson for Bailey, Cueto, Votto, and Encarnacion?

I truly think this deal would be incredible for us...and yes...I know I'm repeating! :D

I would do BOTH Penn and Olson if they add back Hamilton as well as Encarnacion------and the Reds would become odds-on to win their division---

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would do BOTH Penn and Olson if they add back Hamilton as well as Encarnacion------and the Reds would become odds-on to win their division---

Yup...I'd do it as well. I think if the Dodgers aren't willing to give up Kershaw, the Reds may be our best match. I think I like the Seattle and Cincy trade ideas a little more than the Dodgers ones.

I think I am finding Cueto to be the main pitcher goal-----look at the walk ratio with the K's-----looks like he already found it .

Talk on all the Reds boards that he is certainly the better prospect between him and Bailey.

I think we have the making of a quality offer from the Reds above.

I would not be disappointed with the haul in the rumor, but I think the Dodgers and Ms could both top it.

My order of preference is along the lines of:

Dodgers - Kemp, LaRoche, Elbert, Hu

Mariners - Jones, Morrow, Balentien, Triunfel

I'm split on those two deals and could be convinced either way.

I like the Reds deal third.

I would not be disappointed with the haul in the rumor, but I think the Dodgers and Ms could both top it.

I don't think there's any way you get all three position players from the Mariners.

I do like the Dodgers deal, but I'm not thrilled about Elbert. I think we need a starter back in the deal. Bailey, Cueto, or Morrow could all be in our rotation next season.

We really need to play the Bedard chip to its furthest extent. To me, he and Roberts are the two guys we can deal and get back quality, major league ready prospects.

If you can get Votto, Bailey and Cueto... you still prefer the other two? No way.

We pick up those three and Wieters probably becomes our fourth best prospect.

We're not getting all three from the Reds so there is no reason to compare that package from the Reds to the other options. I prefer the Seattle package that BB said we want because I've read some good stuff about Morrow. Dude has one of the best fastballs in the game. I think he could be a tremendous starter in the league by the end of next year.

Impressive, but not necessarily a good thing.

Those innings were spread out from the start of the season and up through winter ball. They just shut him down about a week or two ago so he can rest up and be prepared for spring training. He got a non roster invite earlier this week.

I know I'm a little late with this post, but I would do bailey, Cuerto and Votto in a heartbeat for Bedard, they are some major prospects and I trhink they they could def improve our rotation. with Loewen, Bailey, Guthrie, Cuerto and cabreara or any number of our good pitching prospects, we could have the best rotation in the AL east, yes I did just say that.

Not according to B-R - unless you're adding Winter League or something (which shouldn't count).

Besides, I'm not so sure it would be a good thing for a 21-year old to be throwing 200 innings in a season - even it would certainly prepare him to pitch for Dusty.

He is going need 250 ip in a minor league season to prepare for Dusty in the majors.

Not according to B-R - unless you're adding Winter League or something (which shouldn't count).

Besides, I'm not so sure it would be a good thing for a 21-year old to be throwing 200 innings in a season - even it would certainly prepare him to pitch for Dusty.

I did add the winter league to that total. I think he threw somewhere around 160 innings during the regular season.

Keep dreaming about these Reds trade ideas because they are science fiction right now. I wouldn't mind seeing Erik in a Reds uniform next year but the O's won't get all of the Reds top prospects for him. Wayne may be the butt of a lot of jokes here but he's not that stupid to trade away the team's future for potentially only two years of a pitcher even if he is an awesome one like Erik.

I did add the winter league to that total. I think he threw somewhere around 160 innings during the regular season.

Keep dreaming about these Reds trade ideas because they are science fiction right now. I wouldn't mind seeing Erik in a Reds uniform next year but the O's won't get all of the Reds top prospects for him. Wayne may be the butt of a lot of jokes here but he's not that stupid to trade away the team's future for potentially only two years of a pitcher even if he is an awesome one like Erik.

He was stupid enough to hire Baker. I don't think I can be shock about the amount of prospects he could give up.

Archived