BRob homered tonight!

Frobby

Just got back from Rochester. Brian looked fantastic tonight. The first double he had sort of blooped between the first baseman and right fielder. I never thought he'd try for 2 on it but he hustled and got there. The ball got away as he slid into 2nd and he hopped right up and ran to 3rd. He never had a tough play at 2nd but handled everything routine. For my viewing sake I hope he stays down here for a few more games but it looks like he could be ready. Things could get interesting!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If B-Rob continues his hot hitting, I wouldn't be opposed to cutting the rehab stint a little short. We need a lead-off hitter, it would help slot our line-up so much better. I hope this team can hold on for a bit, I would really like to see what this team can do down the stretch when/if we get Roberts, Markakis, Britton, Reimold, Lindstrom, etc back.

Roberts is eligible to come off the DL on 6/12. That would be following an off day and entering the Pittsburgh series in Camden Yards.

You can basically count on it. :thumbsup1:

He is eligible to come back whenever the club wants as of now.

I want to see him steal some bases before we think of bringing him up. Does even HE know whether he'll be sliding head first anymore?

I couldn't care less about him stealing bases during his rehab assignment. I'm not expecting him to steal much once he's back. The last three years he was healthy, his stolen bases went from 50 to 40 to 30. If he plays regularly for the Orioles, I expect he will still steal the occasional base, but it's not going to be as big a part of his game as it used to be.

Just got back from Rochester. Brian looked fantastic tonight. The first double he had sort of blooped between the first baseman and right fielder. I never thought he'd try for 2 on it but he hustled and got there. The ball got away as he slid into 2nd and he hopped right up and ran to 3rd. He never had a tough play at 2nd but handled everything routine. For my viewing sake I hope he stays down here for a few more games but it looks like he could be ready. Things could get interesting!

If he went aggressively for two, dove into second and then popped up and got to third, I feel pretty good about how his recovery must be going.

If he went aggressively for two, dove into second and then popped up and got to third, I feel pretty good about how his recovery must be going.

Hopefully he slid feet first....but all sounds good thus far!

By the way, BRob is hitting .308/.406/.615 during his 10 rehab games. Better than I would have expected, frankly.

But Brian Roberts is destined to never play baseball again and obligated to retire to save the Orioles money. This can't possibly be happening!

Archived