TT: The Orioles are in a freefall, is there a way out?

Tony-OH

Yikes man, this seems like an over-the-top response. Particulary after you just rubbed the Ayala thread in the face of 9 different posters.

First off, I didn't bump the thread the thread was already bumped, I just piled on :D Either way, a lot of those posts were over the top and utterly negative about DD and the move before Ayala threw a pitch. There was hyperbole, overreaction, and genuine disdain for what DD was doing before anyone saw his team play a game. The Ayala move was a low risk depth move that ended up working out. I remember thinking it seemed unnecessary at the time because I thought we had enough relievers, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal overall.

This bump takes one of my TT's and basically mocks it for being wrong, even though it was justified at the time. Well, the Orioles have done better than what 99.9% of the sane people thought they would do this year. When I wrote that piece, that was how I felt like at the time and after 14 years of ineptitude, I was justified in writing it. I'm happy the Orioles proved me wrong, but I see no reason for the bump because clearly most people were proved wrong on the Orioles this season so why bump that thread?

Whether it's over the top of not, I'll let you decide but I think I've earned a bit more respect then someone bumping a TT for a mock on a subject that most people were wrong on. Obviously not everyone agrees and that's fine. Guess what, I've made mistakes before and I'm going to make mistakes in the future. If baseball analysis was a perfect art someone would have mastered it by now.

Either way, I'm done with this subject. I admitted to being wrong so let's move on.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived