Why are the Orioles games not sold out right now?

Diehard_O's_Fan

Not quite. Northern VA and (and even Washington to an extent) is as much Oriole land as it is National land now, and as it was once Senator land in the past. This will be the first winning season that the Nationals will have since they moved from Montreal. Oriole attendance is already up, and MASN viewership is way up.

You don't live down here so you can't possibly know that, but just know that you are way, way wrong on this.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're the Baltimore Orioles, a team that's lost a whole generation of fans to losing. We have the tradition that Tampa doesn't have, but we have a chasm of 15 years that was filled with suckage. To ignore that, as the O's marketing team seems to have, is a huge mistake.

You're wrong. The reasons why we haven't yet had an astronomical increase in attendance has little to do with marketing, and everything to do with with what many posters here have already pointed out. Do you honestly believe that our attendance would be higher this year if we had more commercials promoting the Orioles' 2012 success ???

The Orioles are winning, the attendance is up, and the MASN viewership is up.

And if the winning continues, both will continue to rise. The rest is just conversation/complaining.

I have to go to work bright and early tomorrow and the commute would kill me. My ecstasy about the Orioles does not change my obligations. I'm fairly certain that I am not alone. I have been to 13 games and watch all of the rest on TV (tonight included).

It bugs me that people use words like "disgrace." It's not that serious. Disappointing at most. This fan base has been through a lot and has yet remained resilient. No need to try and shame fans into giving even more.

I have to go to work bright and early tomorrow and the commute would kill me. My ecstasy about the Orioles does not change my obligations. I'm fairly certain that I am not alone. I have been to 13 games and watch all of the rest on TV (tonight included).

It bugs me that people use words like "disgrace." It's not that serious. Disappointing at most. This fan base has been through a lot and has yet remained resilient. No need to try and shame fans into giving even more.

Absolutely. A disgrace would be if we were once again 20 or 30 games under .500, and on our way to a 15th consecutive losing season. We're not.

They were there tonight, watched last inning on MLBN and the stands were packed.

Attendance was 29k. Heard it announced during the game. Not really that much. It did look packed though, mostly because the lower bowl was pretty much completely filled, but the upper bowl was mostly empty.

Well said. If not showing up to the park is a "disgrace", then what is 14 straight losing seasons?

You don't live down here so you can't possibly know that, but just know that you are way, way wrong on this.

My cousins have lived in West Springfield, VA since the early 60's when the Senators were still in town, and are still there.

You're wrong. The reasons why we haven't yet had an astronomical increase in attendance has little to do with marketing, and everything to do with with what many posters here have already pointed out. Do you honestly believe that our attendance would be higher this year if we had more commercials promoting the Orioles' 2012 success ???

The Orioles are winning, the attendance is up, and the MASN viewership is up.

And if the winning continues, both will continue to rise. The rest is just conversation/complaining.

I absolutely think that marketing has something to do with this. More giveaways, more free tickets, more advertising in general. Let's see more ads on stations that AREN'T MASN, for starters.

I do agree that more winning will drive up attendance, as it already has. But better marketing would help too.

I have to echo this. Everyone down here seems to be in on the Nationals bandwagon. Outside of my family I think I know two other O's fans. It's a total culture shock: O's one day and then boom, everything Nats.

I absolutely think that marketing has something to do with this. More giveaways, more free tickets, more advertising in general. Let's see more ads on stations that AREN'T MASN, for starters.

I do agree that more winning will drive up attendance, as it already has. But better marketing would help too.

Maybe you're right.

Archived