Some stuff

bigbird

I understand that Ethier and Scott together pose a dilemma, but to say Ethier is Scott is misleading.

Ethier is 4 years younger, and had better numbers last year, playing in a much harder park. Ethier also projects to be a very good hitter (.280-30 type guy). I know he's no Kemp, but he's definitely a step above Scott.

Yea, I think everyone agrees with this. Just that you have Markakis on one corner, and Scott on another. If you get Ethier, where does he play. (Although I still think it makes no sense to worry about that, because you just have Scott DH.)

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a Chicago Deep Dish Pizza that says Peace is wrong (he's putting up crabcakes).

You want in on that action SG?

No because I don't have enough info.

I think the Cubs are crazy for wanting BRob personally...DeRosa is a good player and had a solid OPS last year.

However, if Hendry and Lou really want BRob, Gallagher and Pie is definitely a fair offer..Whether it is one the Cubs should take is another story but the offer is fair.

Read into this as little or as much as you want. This is what my guy told me today:

The front office is very happy with the Tejada return. The feel Scott is a real sleeper and may well put up #s in excess of Miggy. The young pitchers will not be rushed.

Everything is on hold with Bedard due to conflicting reports on where Kuroda will end up. Lots of reports that he's selected LA but last last evening reports started to surface that he's choosing the M's. Appears they may have gone a 4th year and Washington has no state income tax which placed another million per year in his pocket.

IF LA loses out on Kuroda, Bedard most likely will land there. In the package will be Kemp of Kershaw, not both. The front office may be leaning towards a package of Either, Kershaw, Hu, and another pitcher.

The current Reds offer for Bedard is said to be Bailey, Hamilton, and a shortstop prospect named Loo. Most likely they'll add a 4th player if the deal gets close.

Lots of concern over the SS position. We had an offer for the Astros SS but he choose the Twins.

He told me he doesn't think Roberts will get traded.

Mora was very, very upset about the Tejada trade. He'll mostly be gone even if we have to eat some contract.

Still looking at signing a closer type.

That's all folks!

Thank You Bigbird!

I love you!:002_shappy: For the Brian news!

I feel bad for My Melvin though.:(

I think the Cubs are crazy for wanting BRob personally...DeRosa is a good player and had a solid OPS last year.

However, if Hendry and Lou really want BRob, Gallagher and Pie is definitely a fair offer..Whether it is one the Cubs should take is another story but the offer is fair.

It's not a fair offer but that's rather subjective and beside the point because there's literally 0 chance of the Cubs trading Gallagher and Pie for Roberts. Pie won't be included and they are very hesitant to trade Gallagher let alone add much to him.

Bigbird. Is there a M's offer on the table?

This is the real question. At this point, I think I'd rather have the Dodgers sign Kuroda. Between the M's and the Dodgers, the M's seem more desperate to sign a SP. So without Kuroda, they'd have to really step up for Bedard. The Dodgers on the other hand would be adding to an already strong rotation. The M's are certainly capable of beating Ethier, Kershaw, Hu, in my opinion.

It's not a fair offer but that's rather subjective and beside the point because there's literally 0 chance of the Cubs trading Gallagher and Pie for Roberts. Pie won't be included and they are very hesitant to trade Gallagher let alone add much to him.

No problem then. Not getting Roberts.

Of course it is a fair offer.

One of the leagues top 5 second baseman for 1 very good prospect with holes in his game and a solid pitching prospect is very fair.

Cubs fans are greatly overrating Pie and assume he is already an AS.

Well the bet is very simple.

If Roberts isn't dealt to the Cubs, then no action.

If Roberts is dealt to the Cubs along with other meaningful pieces, then no action.

If Roberts is dealt by himself, and Pie goes back, you (and Peace) win Chicago's best pizza.

If Roberts is dealt by himself, and Pie doesn't go back, I win crabcakes.

So you really don't need any information about whether or not a deal will happen, only who will be included.

You talk very confidently about how Pie will for sure come back if Roberts is dealt, so I don't understand your hesitation. You should be all over this, if you really believe what you've been saying for the last few weeks.

Of course it is a fair offer.

One of the leagues top 5 second baseman for 1 very good prospect with holes in his game and a solid pitching prospect is very fair.

Cubs fans are greatly overrating Pie and assume he is already an AS.

Agreed that the Cubs guys are overrating Pie, but I tend to think we overrate Roberts as well.

That said, I still think Pie is a must if we are dealing Roberts to the Cubs. Maybe we get a lesser pitcher than Gallagher, I don't know. But I do know that if Roberts goes to the Cubs, we gotta get back Pie.

Archived