Dan Haren Traded to Dbacks--When is Bedard Going??

micahl69

I must have missed when Bedard became Sandy Koufax! :confused:

Kemp and Kershaw isnt realistic and the Dodgers wont have to go that high to have the best deal on the table.

Then they won't get him. Having seen both play Bedard if he stays healthy will make HOF.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then they won't get him. Having seen both play Bedard if he stays healthy will make HOF.
Bedard is a great pitcher and will be for the next several years, but he's not making the HOF unless he pitches into his 40's or just absolutely explodes (even moreso than he has) over the next 6-8 years. It's a very, very long shot that he even gets to 200 wins.

Bedard is a great pitcher and will be for the next several years, but he's not making the HOF unless he pitches into his 40's or just absolutely explodes (even moreso than he has) over the next 6-8 years. It's a very, very long shot that he even gets to 200 wins.

Sorry, the HOF is stretch considering his age. Nevertheless, I don't feel teams have offered enough for a trade.

Sorry, the HOF is stretch considering his age.

True. Plus, it's completely irrelevant. Dave McNally won 20 games 4 years in a row. That's hard to do, I don't care who you are, or what team you're on. He's not in the HOF. Over the first 6 years we had him, Mike Cuellar won 20 games 4 times, plus 18 twice, plus a Cy Young. That's hard to do, no matter what. He's not in the HOF. There's lots of guys who were great for several years but who aren't in the HOF. The HOF is completely irrelevant.

What matters is whether or not Bedard will be great for several years. Personally, I think he will. Personally, I think he's got it figured out now, I don't think he's gonna forget how. I don't think is arm is gonna fall off either. We'll see. I think the only single important thing Bedard still has to figure out is how to squeeze 1 more inning out of 95 pitches. I think he knows that and is working on it. Plus, just being in the NL would help some with that. But the HOF has nothing to do with it.

After the Haren Trade this is more than possible. That set the bench mark the orioles should get at least 3 to 4 of their top prospects.

After that trade the dodgers might press for Bedard and if Haren was traded for that much, Bedard being a better pitcher should net a better return.

There is a chance!

What people need to realize is the Diamondback top-10 does not equal the Dodger top-10. Before the trade, the D-Backs probably had a middle-of-the-pack farm system. After, they're in the lower-third.

With the graduations, the D'Backs' system isn't what it once was. Gonzalez is a nice OF with good potential and Anderson seems nice, but the other guys don't "wow" anyone. Beane opted for quantity over quality to rebuild a barren Atheltics' farm system.

The equivalent to what Arizona gave up for Haren for the Dodgers would be something like Elbert, DeWitt, Meloan, Paul, Orenduff/Wall/S. Johnson -- something along those lines (in terms of quality).

Beane has always coveted Bedard and he asked for him when the the A's were trading Hudson. The O's refused to part with him in a package and Hudson was traded for an inferior package as Hudson is still quite effective for the Braves. Now fast forward, Beane settles with the D'Backs for a lesser package than Haren was worth and in the process, drove down Bedard's value. Now MacPhail can't seem to trade Bedard because nobody will meet his demands because Arizona only had to give up 1 top prospect to get Haren. So it looks like Beane got his revenge albeit it inadvertently. If he can't have Erik Bedard in a trade, nobody can...

Beane has always coveted Bedard and he asked for him when the the A's were trading Hudson. The O's refused to part with him in a package and Hudson was traded for an inferior package as Hudson is still quite effective for the Braves. Now fast forward, Beane settles with the D'Backs for a lesser package than Haren was worth and in the process, drove down Bedard's value. Now MacPhail can't seem to trade Bedard because nobody will meet his demands because Arizona only had to give up 1 top prospect to get Haren. So it looks like Beane got his revenge albeit it inadvertently. If he can't have Erik Bedard in a trade, nobody can...

:confused:

LOL you think Billy Beane would be stupid enough to take a lesser package to spite the Orioles?

What planet are you on, dude?!?!?!

It'd be nice if Baltimore could have "revenge" for once. We never avenged the Colts departing for Indianapolis (in fact, we were humiliated in the playoffs by them last year) and we never avenged the Yankees for Jeffrey Maier.

This town is cursed. :P

Archived