Dan Haren Traded to Dbacks--When is Bedard Going??

micahl69

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 years I think.

Thanks NoVaO, and Farm System. This could be another reason why they were able to bring in such a good haul for him. He'll be affordable for an extra season.

You'd have to wonder if the Dodgers are willing to give in a little now. I'd like to see us get Kershaw, Hu, and LaRoche. I'd like to see us get McDonald as well....but I'd settle for those 3 guys.

If by close you mean "before the season starts." Yeah. But by sitting on it this long, he can now angle for even more premium on the return.

He can angle it as much as he wants, but as the off-season progresses, needs are filled on teams that are or may be interested. If he's going to pull off a deal, he needs to do it in the near future. Teams will fill in their needs and they're not just gonna wait forever for Bedard. It either needs to be within the next 2-3 weeks or not until near the trade deadline IMO.

You 'spose the Cards would like a mulligan on that Mulder trade?

Haha I was actually thinking about that earlier and how much of a genius Beane was to pull off that trade. Of course the Cards had a lot of bad luck, but Haren is as good now as Mulder was when he was dealt plus Barton figures to be pretty good and Calero is a pretty good reliever. Beane has essentially turned Mulder into Calero, Barton, and the 6 prospects acquired in the Haren deal. Wow! That's a hell of a deal.

Dan Haren was traded to the Dbacks, hes off the market. Mike Lamb signed with the twins, as did Bartlett. While not huge signings the Twins could have gone with who they had. They seem to be gearing up, not down, which might signify they are going to try with Santana to win at least early. Does this mean Bedard is now the only option? What does that do for the trade market? And, how does 6 players for Haren set the Bedard price?

I can tell ya Dodgers fans arent to comfortable with Haren joining the ranks of the NL west.

Of course we fans aren't comfortable; the D-Backs just got one of the best SPs in the AL. They did, however, deal their all-star closer for a utility guy and a solid, but not spectacular RP. So who knows?

Dan Haren was traded to the Dbacks, hes off the market. Mike Lamb signed with the twins, as did Bartlett. While not huge signings the Twins could have gone with who they had. They seem to be gearing up, not down, which might signify they are going to try with Santana to win at least early. Does this mean Bedard is now the only option? What does that do for the trade market? And, how does 6 players for Haren set the Bedard price?

That's nothing compared to 5 players for Tejada :D

Bedard might get us eleventeen!!!

I really dont care if we get 5 players, or 3 players, etc.

All I'm looking for in a Bedard deal is VALUE.

That's why an offer for Bruce may trump every other deal.

Right now, these are the Bedard deals I would make:

Bedard, Mora/Huff to LAD for Kemp, Laroche, Hu, McDonald/Elbert

(maybe we could also swap Bradford/Walker for Meloan)

Bedard, Payton to SEA for Jones, Triunfel, Balentien/Clement

Bedard, Bradford/Walker to CIN for Cueto/Bailey, Stubbs, Phillips, Encarnacion

On a sidenote, has anyone heard if the BoSox were still trying to sign Lamb right before he did so with the Twins? The Sox might be a possible suitor for Huff since they were looking to add a corner infielder.

Archived