vs. DEVIL RAYS 9/13

OFFNY

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it's piss poor. #-0 I got it, but 3-1? He should be sitting dead red and he got a lazy 92 MPH fastball that he should of hit in the air. That's a terrible at bat, no way around it. Especially after the guy looked like he was gassed all inning. F me that was bad.

I dunno, I guess I don't see 92 MPH on the inside corner as a "lazy fastball". Especially for Wieters who would much rather swing at a low and away pitch (ie, get extended...as he did fouling away the first 3-2 pitch) than an inside pitch. I have a feeling if he swung at that pitch that result might've been worse (/equal) to a K.

No, it's piss poor. #-0 I got it, but 3-1? He should be sitting dead red and he got a lazy 92 MPH fastball that he should of hit in the air. That's a terrible at bat, no way around it. Especially after the guy looked like he was gassed all inning. F me that was bad.

That was a lazy fastball????? Really? It looked borderline inside to me, and Archer got the call. Fine. BUt I like Matt FORCING a young pitcher to throw a strike, and he did. BUt let's not act like it was some soft toss right down the middle.

I dunno, I guess I don't see 92 MPH on the inside corner as a "lazy fastball". Especially for Wieters who would much rather swing at a low and away pitch (ie, get extended...as he did fouling away the first 3-2 pitch) than an inside pitch. I have a feeling if he swung at that pitch that result might've been worse (/equal) to a K.

I agree. It's not like it was a fat pitch. Wieters may have been looking for a fastball in a certain zone to get in the air, and he laid off on a two seamer that came back over the plate.

Archived