Dylan Bundy, Promoted

FlipCup

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you never know. Would you have thought at the end of 2010 that we'd be burning options on Matusz in 2011 and 2012?

True, but if we have to use all four options on Bundy and still would want a 5th...it probably means he will have been a bust anyway.

No, I'm not saying I expect that... but if he has spent part of 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 in the minors for non-injury reasons, and we STILL feel the need to send him down in 2016... he probably isn't that great at that point.

Calling up Bundy is right call by Orioles

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120919&content_id=38688282&vkey=news_bal&c_id=bal

"I told him, it's the same game," Machado said. "Don't try to do things you can't do. Don't try to pump up the gun now. Just go out there, have fun, throw your stuff. You have some of the most electric stuff in baseball. Just go out there, throw and don't put any pressure on yourself basically."

He'll be helped by a clubhouse environment that's close to perfect. There's Adam Jones and Mark Reynolds and a bunch of others providing leadership. There are young pitchers, who, like Bundy, are in the process of figuring things out.

The Orioles were already baseball's most interesting team. They're a wonderful combination of resilience, toughness and faith.

With Wolf off the roster, I wonder if Bundy could make the playoff roster as the last man.

I'd say that's unlikely in any scenario because of the inning limit situation, but if we decide to go with 13 pitchers and 12 batters, instead of 12 pitchers and 13 batters, it's possible.

Way I see it, the following 12 pitchers (omitting those that are likely injured such as Wolf and Hammel) should be on the playoff roster:

Chen, Tillman, Gonzalez, Saunders, S.Johnson, J.Johnson, Strop, O'Day, Ayala, Patton, Matusz, Hunter

I'd say that's unlikely in any scenario because of the inning limit situation, but if we decide to go with 13 pitchers and 12 batters, instead of 12 pitchers and 13 batters, it's possible.

Way I see it, the following 12 pitchers (omitting those that are likely injured such as Wolf and Hammel) should be on the playoff roster:

Chen, Tillman, Gonzalez, Saunders, S.Johnson, J.Johnson, Strop, O'Day, Ayala, Patton, Matusz, Hunter

I don't think the innings limit will really come into play with Bundy unless he spot starts or long relieves this week.

I forgot about Hunter pitching his way back on the roster.

Archived