Dylan Bundy, Promoted

FlipCup

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, Adam Jones.

Adam Jones ‏@SimplyAJ10

My only thing. Is @Dylan_Bundy but younger than Palmer when he made his debut? I need this

Palmer was 4 months younger, it turns out, and also pitched 2 scorless innings. You just know he's got to drive the current players crazy, but he truly was an all-time great.

LOL, Adam Jones.

Palmer was 4 months younger, it turns out, and also pitched 2 scorless innings. You just know he's got to drive the current players crazy, but he truly was an all-time great.

Wally Bunker was 18 years, 8 months and 4 days when he debuted. McNally was also very young, 19 years, 10 months, 26 days. The O's weren't shy in those days.

Originally Posted by EddieEddie

So... is he allowed to throw the cutter now?

I read on masn DD said no cutter still.

Duquette also indicated that Bundy will not be throwing his cut fastball in the big leagues.

"I'm not going to get into that discussion and I'll tell you why. I'm already on the record as to what the organization's philosophy is. We don't think it's a good pitch for young pitchers. We think there are much better pitches and pitchers have better long-term success with a different mix of pitches. I think his other pitches are much better for getting out major league hitters," Duquette said.

Britt Ghiroli has just interviewed Dylan

http://brittghiroli.mlblogs.com/2012/09/19/its-bundy-time/

[on if he has done away with the cutter, which the organization took away this season] ?No, it?s not out of my repertoire. I?ve always had it. I?ve thrown it in bullpens. Ever since spring training I?ve kept it in my back pocket. I still have a feel for it. If it comes to that time and I feel like I can throw it for a strike, I?m gonna.?

Britt Ghiroli has just interviewed Dylan

http://brittghiroli.mlblogs.com/2012/09/19/its-bundy-time/

[on if he has done away with the cutter, which the organization took away this season] ?No, it?s not out of my repertoire. I?ve always had it. I?ve thrown it in bullpens. Ever since spring training I?ve kept it in my back pocket. I still have a feel for it. If it comes to that time and I feel like I can throw it for a strike, I?m gonna.?

I hope I am watching the first time Wieters calls for a fastball and Bundy crosses him up with a cutter.

So are the Orioles burning one of Dylan's options by calling him up? How does the whole option thing work in September now that rosters have expanded?

Andrew

No, Bundy was ALREADY on the 40 man roster. So his 2012 option was "burnt" when he was sent to the minors in spring training. He can be sent down in 2 more seasons (Presumably 2013 & 2014). He would not be able to be sent to the minors in 2015 if he has spent any time in each of 13 & 14 in the minors.

This is not a concern that is keeping me awake at night!

No, Bundy was ALREADY on the 40 man roster. So his 2012 option was "burnt" when he was sent to the minors in spring training. He can be sent down in 2 more seasons (Presumably 2013 & 2014). He would not be able to be sent to the minors in 2015 if he has spent any time in each of 13 & 14 in the minors.

This is not a concern that is keeping me awake at night!

He actually gets a fourth option because he was added to the 40-man at such a young age. Unless this was changed in the new CBA.

Archived