Dylan Bundy, Promoted

FlipCup

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome. Stayed up until the 14th until i dozed off on my couch attempting to stay awake. I wake up and see a text that Bundy has been promoted. What a gutsy move by DD and Buck. I think its gonna pay off for them too.

Lets sweep Seattle!!

I'm not convinced he is only here for insurance. If the kid is in the bullpen, don't be surprised if Buck uses him. If he does well, Buck will use him more. He could be doing Strop's job if he earns it.

Showalter doesn't run a daycare out of the bullpen.

I don't see how it could be a "huge" mistake at this point. The minor league season is over. Chances are, Bundy won't pitch in any real meaningful situations. Whatever he does is unlikely to hurt his development, and if he is used right, it won't hurt the Orioles.

The O's don't have Arrieta, Steve Johnson or Hunter available today. Wolf started last Saturday. Someone has to throw if we need to pull Saunders early. It may as well be Bundy.

I agree Frobby. We are talking about using against a team that scores 3 runs a game at home.

Sea at home avg .216 OBP .284

http://www.statfox.com/mlb/expanded~gamecode~20120919SEATTLE.htm

Is this real life?

I wonder if he's up for the duration or just for tomorrow.

I imagine now that he's here, he'll hang around for the duration. If you option him back down for service time purposes, you have to wait ten days and that's basically the rest of the season. You can call him back if you have an injury but not if, for example, you play an 18 inning game.

I think the hope is he doesn't make off the bullpen bench, but he'll go if necessary.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qk-4vZy2btY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bundy.

And just last night the game thread was full of Al Bundy quotes. Coincidence? Probably not. I bet Buck read through the whole game thread this morning and got inspired. ;)

I like this move for tonight. Another arm just in case (we used all our long men last night and Wolf pitched on Sunday). Big, pitcher friendly ballpark against a non-contender. Plus, he won't be the best pitcher in the building (at least not yet) since Felix is starting for the Mariners tonight. Good deal all around.

The Orioles need another pitcher after last night and he's on the 40-man roster. There is no need to send him back down since the roster's have expanded. He'll be up for the rest of the year.

I thought they should have brought him up when Bowie lost, just so he could get the thrill of being around a winner, be in a pennant race. Doesn't mean he would be used, just there for the experience.

Archived