Maverick Wieters, 8lb 2oz

AgentOrange

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this were the middle of the season, I'd expect Wieters to take a couple of days off. Right now, I'd be shocked if he did. Buck might insist that he take today, however.

I know not all the posters on this board are parents. All I can say is, for me, the day my first child was born was the most amazing, special day of my entire life. I have a hard time imagining trying to do my job that day. Wieters was probably up all night, and won't be falling asleep any time soon. It's not an easy time to be preparing to help a pitcher to throw a good game. So, I think we'll see Teagarden.

If this were the middle of the season, I'd expect Wieters to take a couple of days off. Right now, I'd be shocked if he did. Buck might insist that he take today, however.

I know not all the posters on this board are parents. All I can say is, for me, the day my first child was born was the most amazing, special day of my entire life. I have a hard time imagining trying to do my job that day. Wieters was probably up all night, and won't be falling asleep any time soon. It's not an easy time to be preparing to help a pitcher to throw a good game. So, I think we'll see Teagarden.

He will not be in the lineup tonight. Book it.
There's a possibility that Wieters, the wife and Maverick are in Sarasota, where he lives in the off-season. So missing tonight would be a real possibility.
It's a safe bet that they are in Baltimore during this season, particularly with her being pregnant.

It's a safe bet that they are in Baltimore during this season, particularly with her being pregnant.

Please don't start bringing the book it thing back. That is what people said inthe losing years.

Congrats to the wieters family! Take the day off and come back on fire tomorrow!

I would think so too, but this series of tweets made me question that.

@masnRoch

To the 5,000 people asking, don't know how many games Wieters will miss. The baby just arrived this morning. Will know more later

@pstroms

@masnRoch Did they have the baby here? Or out of area?

@masnRoch

@pstroms They live in Sarasota, so I'm assuming there

I can certainly echo Frobby's sentiment about the first child (I have 3 kids), but I'm kinda expecting Wieters to play today. I won't hold it against him if he doesn't play, but this game/series is critical. It's basically three hours out of the day today and he's right back with his wife and child. If we were on the road I'd look at it differently.

I can certainly echo Frobby's sentiment about the first child (I have 3 kids), but I'm kinda expecting Wieters to play today. I won't hold it against him if he doesn't play, but this game/series is critical. It's basically three hours out of the day today and he's right back with his wife and child. If we were on the road I'd look at it differently.

It isn't three hours out of the day, especially for a catcher. It's more like eight or nine hours out of the day. He's going to be bone-tired and distracted. Not a good time to play baseball.

Archived