Maverick Wieters, 8lb 2oz

AgentOrange

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats. But didn't they realize Maverick was Pete Mitchell's callsign, not his actual name? I'm really hoping/fearing that Matt's next two kids are Iceman and Goose.

Awesome. Congrats Matt and Maria.

Dan Connolly

Maverick Luther Wieters was 8 pounds, 2 ounces. He cries from both sides of the crib.

Mine was in labor from 5 am until 9 pm at which point they said something like "screw it, we'll just do a C-section." Best of both worlds, push for 15 hours then have major surgery!

Your wife punched the doctor and not you, right? ;)

It isn't three hours out of the day, especially for a catcher. It's more like eight or nine hours out of the day. He's going to be bone-tired and distracted. Not a good time to play baseball.

On the other hand, mother and baby will be in the hospital at least till Saturday, if it was a C-section, they'll be at the hospital through the weekend. They'll be nurses, doctors, family and friends to help; I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mrs Wieters INSISTED on Matt being at the Yard tonight.

Mine was in labor from 5 am until 9 pm at which point they said something like "screw it, we'll just do a C-section." Best of both worlds, push for 15 hours then have major surgery!

Both my kids were scheduled C-sections. 15 minutes, tops. Baby drive thru as I like to call it. LOL.

Much easier for me than my wife of course but she was pretty much good to go after about 10-12 days.

On the other hand, mother and baby will be in the hospital at least till Saturday, if it was a C-section, they'll be at the hospital through the weekend. They'll be nurses, doctors, family and friends to help; I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mrs Wieters INSISTED on Matt being at the Yard tonight.
I think it went something ike this...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kPgPrtOxvK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Both my kids were scheduled C-sections. 15 minutes, tops. Baby drive thru as I like to call it. LOL.

Much easier for me than my wife of course but she was pretty much good to go after about 10-12 days.

That was my first one. Took my wife in, came back and got me after a while, and by the time I got in the scrubs and went to the OR, Nate was like two mintues from popping out! If I'd gone to the head I woulda missed the whole thing.

Archived