What did Curt Schilling say?

Dark Helmet

I caught a tidbit on the fan, that Curt Schilling did'nt like the O's standing on the field watching the big screen after the game yesterday. What did he have to say?

They also mentioned Gammons tweeted something along the lines.." Loved seeing the O's dissapointed after Angels pulled out win", or something like that.

I can't stand Gammons. If your going to be a national baseball reporter, shouldn't you have to show some bias, to atleast appear proffesional? I stopped watching baseball tonight for the most part, now MLB Network is starting to bring in these type of guys too. Gammons, and Bethume from ESPN. Dan Plesac can't stop talking about the Yankees peaking at the right time. It mut suck to be one of the "experts", that were all wrong about the O's.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I caught a tidbit on the fan, that Curt Schilling did'nt like the O's standing on the field watching the big screen after the game yesterday. What did he have to say?

They also mentioned Gammons tweeted something along the lines.." Loved seeing the O's dissapointed after Angels pulled out win", or something like that.

I can't stand Gammons. If your going to be a national baseball reporter, shouldn't you have to show some bias, to atleast appear proffesional? I stopped watching baseball tonight for the most part, now MLB Network is starting to bring in these type of guys too. Gammons, and Bethume from ESPN. Dan Plesac can't stop talking about the Yankees peaking at the right time. It mut suck to be one of the "experts", that were all wrong about the O's.

It is possible that you may be interpreting that wrong. I took it as him loving the passion and emotion they are showing kind of thing.

It is possible that you may be interpreting that wrong. I took it as him loving the passion and emotion they are showing kind of thing.

I don't know, I didn't see what Schilling said. So maybe it was nothing. But Rob Long was talking about it, and said Schilling and Gammons criticized the O's players. Just curious what Schilling did say.

Nope... he was clearly happy that the O's sat and watched the Angels come back. Here is the full tweet: "How great is watching the Orioles on the field viewing Torii Hunter break their hearts..."

To which I responded "Not as good as watching the O's sweep the Sox to clinch a playoff spot!"

Gammons knows more about the game than all of us put together, but he's still a homer in a position where he shouldn't be. If he wants to love the Sox so much, he should work for NESN.

Don't understand the Gammons hate here. I took from that quote that he loved seeing the Orioles care so much to stay out on the field and then show some emotion when things didn't break their way.

Schilling can go kick rocks.

I'll always dislike Gammons. I was told that behind the scenes, he really bashed Ripken, when he broke Gehrig's record.

Didn't hear the Schilling comment, but frankly, I really don't give a rat's behind what he has to say.

The Gammons comment was very poorly worded by him and thus was misinterpreted (IMO). Gammons may be a Sox fan, but he's a pro and has always praised the O's when warranted. He just worded it in an awful way.

It was nontraditional, sure. But it would have been a great moment in Camden Yards history and it was worth breaking with tradition.

If Red Sox players, fans, former players, fans masked as journalists have a problem with it, they should take a moment to think about the last decade and a half, and whether they enjoyed all the taunting their fans and players were permitted at this ballpark. Manny Ramirez slapping high fives with guys in the stands and the whole dugout getting a kick out of it watching the replay comes to mind.

You dont like it them watching 30 seconds of another game on the field with playoffs on the line? You don't like it? Then win.

Give us our moment, dammit. The world does not revolve around the Boston Red Sox.

Adam Jones unloaded on Gammons over twitter, or at least seemed to. I think the generous (and probably accurate) interpretation of Gammons' tweet was that it was cool seeing the players on the field, not that it was cool seeing them have their hearts broken. But still, as a writer, he should be precise with his language rather than leaving it open to interpretation.

Nope... he was clearly happy that the O's sat and watched the Angels come back. Here is the full tweet: "How great is watching the Orioles on the field viewing Torii Hunter break their hearts..."

To which I responded "Not as good as watching the O's sweep the Sox to clinch a playoff spot!"

Gammons knows more about the game than all of us put together, but he's still a homer in a position where he shouldn't be. If he wants to love the Sox so much, he should work for NESN.

Thanks for posting what Gammon's said. Yeah, I agree he has a lot of baseball knowledge. But, he's a Red Sox homer to the fullest extent.

Adam Jones unloaded on Gammons over twitter, or at least seemed to. I think the generous (and probably accurate) interpretation of Gammons' tweet was that it was cool seeing the players on the field, not that it was cool seeing them have their hearts broken. But still, as a writer, he should be precise with his language rather than leaving it open to interpretation.

Honestly, I don't know how you can interpret it any other way. It was clearly a swipe at the O's for last year.

Hey, Gammons... our hearts were mended about 5 hours later.

Agree with this.

And he should also learn how to lock his phone so he doesn't tweet random combinations of letters.

Honestly, I don't know how you can interpret it any other way. It was clearly a swipe at the O's for last year.

Hey, Gammons... our hearts were mended about 5 hours later.

If Texas had hold on, I think Gammons would have tweeted:

"How awesome is it to see the Orioles watching on the field as they clinch a playoff spot?"

He was talking about the situation, not the outcome.

I could certainly be wrong. But he's never been a guy to write something like that.

Archived