Every time I watch Posey hit...

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most of us are disappointed. I mean, he CRUSHED minor league pitching. It looked like he was ready to really be a great major league hitter. I don't know what happened. At this point, I don't see him breaking out... hopefully, I'm wrong.

I think about what could (should) have been with Wieters.

Instead we got a catcher who is pretty lousy with the bat who gets his defense raved about (and he's legitimately great defensively, no argument) as a crutch to make up for his liability on offense.

Sigh....

I think the same damn thing.

He could win the NL MVP this year. He's a monster.

Our guy? Nope.

I wonder if most fans would trade Wieter's defense for a top offensive catcher.

I used to think I wanted the Ravens to be an explosive offensive team. Now that the team is more offense-oriented, I long for the days the defense was impossible to move the ball on.

Oh well.

I'll never understand this logic. I don't believe his plus defense should simply "make up" for what a bust he's been with the bat.

20+ HR and .750 career OPS != bust.

He's not been as good as you or I or anyone else hoped offensively, but he doesn't suck, especially for a catcher.

I wonder if most fans would trade Wieter's defense for a top offensive catcher.

I used to think I wanted the Ravens to be an explosive offensive team. Now that the team is more offense-oriented, I long for the days the defense was impossible to move the ball on.

Oh well.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I'd trade Wieters for Buster Posey in a cocaine heart-beat.

20+ HR and .750 career OPS != bust.

He's not been as good as you or I or anyone else hoped offensively, but he doesn't suck, especially for a catcher.

No ones calling him a bust.

But no one can deny he goes on really prolonged slumps where he doesn't look good at all. He's in the middle of one right now. Hell, he was hitting in the .230's for a good chunk of the summer, seemed like.

No ones calling him a bust.

But no one can deny he goes on really prolonged slumps where he doesn't look good at all. He's in the middle of one right now. Hell, he was hitting in the .230's for a good chunk of the summer, seemed like.

Pedro did, and has before. I think he just likes to get people riled up on this particular issue, so he breaks out the "bust" tag. It's OK though, we all have things we are irrational about. :)

Pedro did, and has before. I think he just likes to get people riled up on this particular issue, so he breaks out the "bust" tag. It's OK though, we all have things we are irrational about. :)

Eh, I'm certainly not riled up about it. Just bummed.

I think the same thing when I see Posey hit...that should be what our catcher does.

Archived