Shohei Otani

paulcoates

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

Nothing really, but no reason not to make a pitch.  Also, although a moot point now, a fair criticism the FO knew there was at least a good chance he'd be posted and they weren't going to use the slots, why not save them for Ohtani.  They had 5.75 million to start with.  Then you hire someone he is close to from Japan to help make him at home and all of a sudden you have a compelling case for perhaps the most talented cost controlled major league ready player in recent history.

One reason: PA.

Ahhh, the OH faithful.  It never fails.  If there's an FA out there, there's a hope and a prayer.  It's akin to a dog hoping for table scraps.  There's just always a look of hope on their with a good dose of pleading mixed in.  

Remember when we were gonna get Teixeira?  Those were the good old days.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ahhh, the OH faithful.  It never fails.  If there's an FA out there, there's a hope and a prayer.  It's akin to a dog hoping for table scraps.  There's just always a look of hope on their with a good dose of pleading mixed in.  

Remember when we were gonna get Teixeira?  Those were the good old days.

I remember the three times we were going to get AJ Burnett.

15 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh yeah, because he grew up near Baltimore or something.  Or had family here, that was sure to make him want to come play here.

I remember when we were all in on Prince Fielder, too.

I remember JTrea being all in on Prince Fielder.  Not so much the Orioles, thankfully.

Archived